Boulevard Lunar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cweston

Reaction score
I found myslef at a bar without a great beer selection last night. I was hoping they'd have New Belgium Bier de MArs (which was their spring seasonal last year). No such luck--the only interesting sounding thing on tap was Boulevard Lunar.

Now, Boulevard = meh in my experience. Not bad, but not really a craft beer either. It's kindof to craft brewing what Starbucks is to coffee: a better product than Maxwell House, but...

Anyway, it was better than I expected (knowing *nothing* about what it was--the witress was no help.) It's a dunkelweizen, I guess, but with a vaguely Belgian-tasting yeast strain. It was not particularly interesting, but it wasn't bad: better than anything else I've ever had from Boulevard. Plenty drinkable and a lot better than BMC.

(Disclaimer: I've only had their flagship beers, the pale ale and the wheat. This makes me think some of their less popular brews might be better.)

cweston said:
I found myslef at a bar without a great beer selection last night. I was hoping they'd have New Belgium Bier de MArs (which was their spring seasonal last year).

Loved bier de mars.....but its no more

this year's spring seasonal is Springboard (which i dont really like)

cweston said:
...(Disclaimer: I've only had their flagship beers, the pale ale and the wheat. This makes me think some of their less popular brews might be better.)

Yes! IMHO, you are correct here. I love their Bully Porter. And their Irish Red is a perfect example of the style. I can't get them where I live, so whenever I am in MO, I stock up. Maybe that's what makes them taste better in my mind!:D Try the Winter Ale when it comes out - yummy!

Back