Recipe Suggestions for Next Brew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnyj

Reaction score
First off, I'm definitely looking forward to using this forum much more.

I've been brewing for a couple of years now, and just this summer I got a fridge to dedicate to fermentation, which has increased my brewing quantities tremendously. I can fit two 5 gallon carboys in the fridge, as well as plenty of bottles.

I will be bottling my American Brown next weekend, and am going to brew a couple new batches to stick in primary. My dilemma is that I'd like to brew a winter lager that will require 4 weeks of 50-55 degrees F in primary. So I am trying to figure out what else I can brew that will require similar temps. Any suggestions?

I'm also open to suggestions of a different winter lager that may have more traditional lager fermentation schedule. But obviously I am trying to get some beers for the holiday season.

So please, any and all suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Scotch Ale would be a nice bigger darker brother and would definately benefit from extended primary in low temps. I've fermented Scotch ales lower than 40F.

Kinda depends what you like tho.

Latest posts

Back