Have you tried this pump??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know what temp it can handle? Is it food grade?

Reviews are saying it does not last very long, but the price is cheap and it is self-priming.

Not a mag drive & will be near impossible to sanitize properly. It will draw up to 7 amps on start up. You will need a hefty DC power supply or a car battery. It is noisy as hell and not designed to run continuously. Not a good substitute for a March or Little Giant IMO. I have one that I use for a camping shower, but not for brewing.

that pump is in my price range! if anyone uses this for brewing I would love to hear about it.

Not a mag drive & will be near impossible to sanitize properly. It will draw up to 7 amps on start up. You will need a hefty DC power supply or a car battery. It is noisy as hell and not designed to run continuously. Not a good substitute for a March or Little Giant IMO. I have one that I use for a camping shower, but not for brewing.

I have one of those pumps, can hardly stand to run it. It sounds like a small disaster and heat up like crazy after just a few minutes. I wouldn't let it go anywhere near my brewery. It's purely relegated to priming my pond pump, and even at that i have devised other methods which are more effective.

I'm going to give the Dishwasher pump a try instead. That one just looks bad.

It's not a bad pump at all and it will do what it's advertised to do. It works very well for my camp shower. It's just that I don't think it would be a good choice for a brewing pump.

Back