Debris post Krausen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonClayton

Reaction score
I have a question for you guys, I have had a dubbel going for three weeks now and the Krausen dropped last weekend. However, there is still "debris" floating on top of the beer. I have seen stuff like this immediately after the krausen drops, but I have never seen it hang around for a week. Is this something to be concerned about? Is there a term for this so that I know what to call it next time?

dubbel.jpg

I don't know if there is a term for it but I have had similar looking beer after primary. I thought it was just little clumps of yeast and also something you get a lot of bubbles accumulate on the surface which makes it look worse.

"clumps" would be a good explanation. I am used to the beer starting to clear by this point, but it was a higher OG than I normally deal with 1.072. I am going to start taking hydro samples over the weekend.

Back