Midnight Mash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan_PA

Reaction score
Well, with a kid on the way and several major home projects under way, I am finding it more and more difficult to find time to brew. I think it has hit a head today. I literally mashed in at 10 after midnight. I figured there was no way in hell I was going to find time or get the wife to buy into me brewing on easter, adn I know with work getting crazy the next few weeks, it would be a while to brew.
Here I am, 1:36 AM, waiting to add the flavoring hops to the house stout. One of the most easy going brews to date, except the scolding water I poured on my hand. It is kind of peaceful to brew at night...

Congrats on the kid!
How did the Orange brew turn out? It looks good based on the recipe.
Also, does promash spew out those recipes in that format for you or are you doing something special to get them on your web page?

Thanks.

The Orange came out fantastic. Better than I had hoped for actually.

To get the web pages, you just have to clcik print, then click the "Export to HTML file" radio button. Then you can eitherselect one of the ProMash presets across the top, ot make modifications to the colors and settings. Let me know if you have any questions.

We have an 8 month old. Don't worry about not having time to brew after he arrives, because if your house is like mine, you will have tons of time. Just look at my post count !

I'm totally housebound these days. My son goes to bed at 7PM. My wife at 10-10:30. He is up at 6:30AM, so is she.

I've been brewing on Saturday nights. I mash and sparge from 7 to 10PM. This requires hardly any attention from me so my wife and I watch a movie or whatever. When she goes to bed, I boil, clean up, chill and pitch. Works very well.

Ryan_PA said:
It is kind of peaceful to brew at night...

Your right it is! I've only had 1 brew session that ended before 1:30am...

My girlfriend always goes to sleep sometime durring the boil and I finnish up...it's relaxing and a good thing to think about as you climb in bed

Congrats on the baby.

Nice, another midnight masher.

I have a one year old and my wife works weekends. The only time I have to brew is after my daughter goes to bed. I ususally start sanitizing at 9:30pm or 10pm. Usually I don't finish until 1 or 2am.

Seinfeld does a bit that sums me up, and it sounds like you too. Night guy wants to stay up - let morning guy deal with it, morning guy hates night guy. He's funnier, sorry. I love staying up and doing stuff in peace -why sleep?, of course then morning guy really HATES getting up! Oh well....

Hmm... I never EVER brew during the day. I'm kind of a night owl. Out of the 20 batches I brewed last year I can only think of one I did during the daylight hours. That was because a friend was over and we wanted to brew 2 that day. The 2nd was brewed at night.:D I like the nighttime. Only thing you hear is traffic in the distance. No scorching heat or, more importantly, sunlight to get in your way.:cool:

Latest posts

Back