What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know why I don't hate unicorns?
Water for now wifey picked me up for lunch now off to the bottle shop :)

Water and iced coffee. Would really like a beer after spending all morning either on a ladder or on a roof cleaning gutters at our place and in-laws. I'm not afraid of heights, just afraid of falling. Unfortunately it's time for something else I'm afraid of, a 60 year old tractor. Time to go collect all the deadfall I've been cutting the last few weeks.

So what exactly do you do that you're flying so often?

Tech/Systems Integration conslutant.

Up until earlier this year, I've been lucky and was on local/NYC-based projects, but now I'm on a long-term project in Austin, hence the back and forth travel every week.

BGBC said:
Tech/Systems Integration conslutant.

Up until earlier this year, I've been lucky and was on local/NYC-based projects, but now I'm on a long-term project in Austin, hence the back and forth travel every week.

Ah. I see. That's what I'm doing in OKC. Except we're going home every two weeks. By rights I should be going home this weekend, but we found out our contract with the government is up at the end of next week so I may be stuck here one more week. But after that I'm home for a while. There's a real chance I may be headed to Ft. Worth, TX and somewhere in the south of Japan. That could be interesting.

Edit: guess I should clarify: not doing systems integration, installing an industrial vacuum heat treat furnace. From my "home" office in an apt in OKC. I'll be glad to get the hell out of here.

My choc stout

image-2243133245.jpg

dirtybasementbrew said:
Sorry y'all if I was obnoxious last night, I was drilled!! Hydrating on Gatorade
Try sprite. Heard on the radio it's the best for you. Though it also said teas are the worst things to drink while trying to cure a hangover!

TNGabe said:
Water and iced coffee. Would really like a beer after spending all morning either on a ladder or on a roof cleaning gutters at our place and in-laws. I'm not afraid of heights, just afraid of falling. Unfortunately it's time for something else I'm afraid of, a 60 year old tractor. Time to go collect all the deadfall I've been cutting the last few weeks.
If you could chose between an 10 snr, an upland persimmon or an upland sour reserve. Which would you go with?

The left is the "milky/yeasty" cider I made. This is from the plastic pop bottle that I didn't pasteurize but stuck in the fridge for nearly 48 more hours. Next to it is the actual cider I used straight from the bottle. As you can see, the cider started off pretty cloudy and a bit darker.

I pasteurized my 6 bottles that I got from the gallon batch and I'm cold crashing them. I pasteurized less than 24 hours ago and haven't tested them.

Its pretty good but still has an odd taste. I ended up mixing the two together and it's pretty yummy.

IMG_5593.JPG

Did lolo win with the AS11?

Yes. Well I'm pretty sure anyways :mug:

I actually entered 2 saisons in the comp one done with 3726 and the other done with AS11. I'm almost positive that the AS11 was the winner. Meeting up with the guy from my home brew club tonight to pickup my prizes and I'll verify that for sure with him tonight.

Edit: I guess he doesn't know which one either... sounds like i'm waiting for the score cards to come in the snail mail.

saison.jpg

LoloMT7 said:
Yes. Well I'm pretty sure anyways :mug: I actually entered 2 saisons in the comp one done with 3726 and the other done with AS11. I'm almost positive that the AS11 was the winner. Meeting up with the guy from my home brew club tonight to pickup my prizes and I'll verify that for sure with him tonight.
Nice. You thought we were all crazy telling you that it was delicious.

The hydrometer reading from my 2.5 day old orfy's mild ale. Good considering the fact it was grain 3 days ago. Probably about 2.5% alc

Yes. Well I'm pretty sure anyways :mug:

I actually entered 2 saisons in the comp one done with 3726 and the other done with AS11. I'm almost positive that the AS11 was the winner. Meeting up with the guy from my home brew club tonight to pickup my prizes and I'll verify that for sure with him tonight.

Edit: I guess he doesn't know which one either... sounds like i'm waiting for the score cards to come in the snail mail.

Hot dang! Perfect 50?!

Hot dang! Perfect 50?!

I must have gotten one of the easier groups of judges :D

I'm drinking water today I had too many bad beers last night watching the Broncos get killed.. taking the day off and my liver is happy about it :mug:

MrNickVT said:
Did lolo win with the AS11?

As a fairly new, creepy stalker of this thread, I'm curious about this AS11 yeast. Did Channel develop this yeast? I've never heard of it outside this thread...

wobrien said:
As a fairly new, creepy stalker of this thread, I'm curious about this AS11 yeast. Did Channel develop this yeast? I've never heard of it outside this thread...
It's top secret stuff. Lol. Maybe he will chime in!

In the mean time I'll work on getting my clearance up to date :p

Maybe I could send ya a bottle and you could harvest the yeast from it. But yes it's a yeast that Channel has been working on. Sound like he might not be able to share it much longer as the rights to it were being bought or something if I recall correctly. Here are the stats on it though.

AS11
Lab: UMO
Product ID: saison1
Type: Ale
Form: Liquid
Flocculation: Medium-high
Cells per Pack: 100.0 Billion per vial
Min Attenuation: 68.0%
Max Attenuation: 85.0%
Min Temperature: 65.0 F
Max Temperature: 95.0 F
Best For:
Saison Belgian style
Notes:
Can handle high ferm temps. Spicy, earthy farmhouse style saison yeast, slight citrus notes, has potential to finish extremely low. 1.002 is not uncommon. Can handle high (1.090) gravity without noticing mutation or stress, works fast flocs out when finished

Yes it was developed here by me, it's one of the yeasts in my portfolio that I'm more proud of. It has been used on a commercial scale. Though It probably won't ever reach homebrewers outside of those I send it to.

Edit: Clint beat me to it. That's the info, it'll remain available to you guys just won't be going to any breweries.

Yes it was developed here by me, it's one of the yeasts in my portfolio that I'm more proud of. It has been used on a commercial scale. Though It probably won't ever reach homebrewers outside of those I send it to.

Edit: Clint beat me to it. That's the info, it'll remain available to you guys just won't be going to any breweries.

Im glad it is still available for our use :D I was going to ask to trade with you to acquire some this spring so I can make a perfect saison. I was crushed when clint said it may not be available anymore haha

BGBC said:
Tech/Systems Integration conslutant. Up until earlier this year, I've been lucky and was on local/NYC-based projects, but now I'm on a long-term project in Austin, hence the back and forth travel every week.
. conslutant ? So many jokes here

MrNickVT said:
If you could chose between an 10 snr, an upland persimmon or an upland sour reserve. Which would you go with?
I dunno is this hypothetical, for you, or for me? :D Havent had persimmon, sour reserve is very good, snr 10 is excellent and will be In-freakin-credible in another couple years. I'd take the snr over any cantillon or anything else for that matter.
wobrien said:
In the mean time I'll work on getting my clearance up to date :p
That's not the top secret one. ;) image-3227924584.jpg Blackberry Berliner after loading this on to a hay wagon and then unloading it to sort, split, and stack. image-2222943228.jpg

TNGabe said:
I dunno is this hypothetical, for you, or for me? :D Havent had persimmon, sour reserve is very good, snr 10 is excellent and will be In-freakin-credible in another couple years. I'd take the snr over any cantillon or anything else for that matter. That's not the top secret one. ;) Blackberry Berliner after loading this on to a hay wagon and then unloading it to sort, split, and stack.
For me :)

Here's my Channel66-type picture of a Reisling. I hate wine, but I'll drink anything with alcohol so it doesn't go to waste.

image-517120022.jpg

Latest posts

Back