Mango Brew- Not Cider but no where else to put this topic!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppyhowie

Reaction score
Hey all. Decided to take a quick break from brewing beer and trying to ferment some juice. Wanted to see what you think.

I was going to make a half batch brew with the following...
juicing 10 mangos and a pineapple
4 lbs cane sugar
2 cups honey
active dry yeast

I've made a different batch with substituting citrus and ginger instead of mangos and pineapple and it turned out great!! It fermented just like a normal batch of beer and took 4 weeks before putting into bottles.
I just haven't seen many posts related to this topic and just wanted to know if anyone else had experience with this or what you were thinking. Cheers!

No, not really. I don't know how exactly to classify it. It will be very carbonated, highly alcoholic, light and fruity.

Just finished brewing it, we'll have to wait and see how it turns out!

sounds to me more like a "wine cooler" I have been trying to get a sub section made in the forum for things like this that are not quite wine but not cider because of the lack of apples. a winecoolers, hard soda, hard lemonade & more type section

#tag#winecoolers, hard soda, hard lemonade & more

Yeah, that sounds about right. I'm all in favor for another sub section- the more the merrier.

Just checked in on it this morning, nice fermentation starting and smelling great!

doesn't matter to me where you post it but for now the wine forum is a good catch-all for fermented fruit juice like yours. definitely worth poking around there to check out some different strategies. a quick search on 'mango' there turned up a few threads. also always check jack keller's site, he has a page for pretty much everything short of paperclip wine, here are a few mango recipes
http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/reques57.asp

Hey Hoppyhowie,

If you have a chance, check out my post from March 12th (Dietrich). It involves some mango and papaya, as well as other oddities.

Latest posts

Back