30 Soberest Cities in America

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite it's name, I'm willing to bet Sober Valley Lodge would top any state by itself in drunkeness...

doing my job tonight to help get Lubbock out of the top 30 sobers....Come on guys, Sogrates tonight!!! Let's get the ball rolling!!!

I'll be doing my job tonight kicking out all the people who have made Boston #8 on the drunkest list. haha

Pretty proud that Knoxville is the only major city in TN not on the list! Glad I could help!

Hey, any good places to get good brew in Knoxville? I travel there for work all the time and am always looking for suggestions. I always stay in the Turkey Creek area. The only place I can think of is Smokey Mtn Brewery and Lakeside Tavern.

There must be a population limit to these lists, because having lived in several ski towns throughout my life, I'd say that most would kick the living **** outta Milwaukee for title of drunkest....something on the order of 40% or 50% who exceed 8 or 10 drinks per day. Hell, having worked at Kirkwood in South Lake Tahoe for a bunch of years, I'd bet 1/3 of the people lined-up for opening chair at 8:00 am had an open beer in their hand, and everyone wrapped up their day @ a kegger party.

Cool stats, don't know how Cleveland and Cincy got ranked and Columbus didn't. Both of these cites are shrinking and C-bus is growing. C-bus population is close to the combined totals of Cleveland and Cincy.

We also have the third largest university in the US that has one of the largest tailgates 5-6 times a year, outside of a NASCAR race this is the largest that I have ever experienced.

Not sour grapes, it just doesn't seem to add up to me.

Cool stats, don't know how Cleveland and Cincy got ranked and Columbus didn't. Both of these cites are shrinking and C-bus is growing. C-bus population is close to the combined totals of Cleveland and Cincy.

We also have the third largest university in the US that has one of the largest tailgates 5-6 times a year, outside of a NASCAR race this is the largest that I have ever experienced.

Not sour grapes, it just doesn't seem to add up to me.

Its based on averages per 100,000 people.

Columbus is about 711,040
Cleveland is under 330,000
Cincinnati is about 333,000

So if less than 32 people in Columbus die of Alcohol disease, it is still considered less "drunk" than Cleveland, in which ~14 die at the 4.7/100,000 rate.

Cleveland 397,000 (I know, that was 2010. It will go down)
Cincinnati 297,000
Columbus 787,000

Rate of drinking in Cleveland to go up after "The Decision," another year of Dolan owned Indians, and NFL Lockout.
Cincinnati has the Bengals.
Columbus will make the list after NCAA weighs in on Tressel and tattoo-gate.

There must be a population limit to these lists, because having lived in several ski towns throughout my life, I'd say that most would kick the living **** outta Milwaukee for title of drunkest....something on the order of 40% or 50% who exceed 8 or 10 drinks per day. Hell, having worked at Kirkwood in South Lake Tahoe for a bunch of years, I'd bet 1/3 of the people lined-up for opening chair at 8:00 am had an open beer in their hand, and everyone wrapped up their day @ a kegger party.

I don't know, my little town was listed and we're only about 50k. I suspect most of the people in a ski town aren't residents.

I'm not sure about Cleveland, but keep in mind the actual area of Cincinnati is much bigger than any consensus shows. Cincinnati and Hamilton County are separated even though it's really the same city. That also doesn't include Northern Kentucky which is essentially Cincinnati too. Not that it matters much for this ranks but looking as strict population numbers doesn't paint the entire picture.

This makes a bit more sense to me .

Greater Cincy Metro - 2,009,632 (2000)
Greater Cleveland Metro- 2,250,871 (2000)
Greater Columbus Metro-1,936,351 (2005)

Nice to see Portland, ME handling itself well. In the summer, you want to drink beer. In the winter, you have to drink beer.

Latest posts

Back