I've got a huge head, so to speak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IchLiebeBier

Reaction score
Riddle me this one, Batman.

I brewed Jamil's RIS (all grain). Hit the numbers properly, did about a couple of months in secondary and bottled with the correct amount of corn sugar for the style (don't have the recipe in front of me). Dosed it with CBC at bottling, too (maybe 3 or 4 grams).

Opened the first (and second one) at just over 2 weeks of bottle conditioning, and the head is massive. Fills half the glass massive.

I don't think I overprimed it. I was very careful with the calculations. And when I first open it, the pfft sound seems to be on the low end of pressure, and no gushers.

Plus, I bottled a saison on the same day, using the same technique, but more sugar, and the head hasn't fully formed on it (needs more time).

Is there something about this style that would lead to a huge head when poured?

I'm a little stumped on this one.

Thanks.

Different amounts of different proteins create different amounts of foam in the glass. Ingredients and methods can affect the amount of proteins in the finished beer.

How does it feel in the mouth? Fizzy?

Was it really warm when you poured it?

It didn't seem overly fizzy in the body. It was poured at probably 45-48 degrees.

could be it was not done fermenting. At that amount of time, i doubt that, but its possible.

Latest posts

Back