White wine kit opinions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DUCCCC

Reaction score
OK, so I talked to the wife about her getting into the homebrew hobby more with me, and she's not all that much of a beer drinker. She did try the Apfelwein I've got at about 6 weeks in primary at the moment, and she thought it was "good, but", as in a little too dry for her. She's a Chardonnay type, and when I suggested I buy her another bucket and carboy to make a batch of wine she lit up!

So I come to this forum to get opinions on Chardonnay kits that won't break the bank because I need some $$ left over for beer ingredients.

I'm looking at:
A Williams kit
A Vintner's reserve from Northern Brewer

I'm open to suggestions, any thoughts?

Thanks,
Matt

I'd be inclined to go with the Williams kit. I haven't purchased one of their wine kits, but I've used their specialized beer extracts and they are quite good. I'd expect their wine kits to be as good and they give you some background on the kit, which is nice.

I think you'll be much happier with the Selection kits. They're good quality and produce a really nice wine. Ya, they're a little more expensive, but I think they're worth it.

Back