Russian River in Philadelphia???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alers22

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find Russian River beers in bottles or on tap in Philadelphia? I will be in Philly on Monday and would love to score a few bottles to bring back to Virginia.

Thanks!

I second Monk's. They even occasionally have it on tap.

Monk's can be a dangerous place with the beer selection they have there. Good thing I can take the train home.

Foodery has two locations, 2nd and Poplar and 10th and Pine. Went to the one on Poplar last Saturday and they had Damnation and Supplication.
Just to clarify, the Foodery is a bottle shop, not a bar.

The Foodery is only 3 miles from my hotel! Time to break in a new credit card lol

Beer Heaven on Columbus Blvd and Washington Ave has a nice selection of bottles too. Haven't been there since last month, but I would be surprised if they don't have Russian River.

I know that Origlio Beverage usually has it. It's on the outskirts of Philly on Roosevelt Blvd. Be prepared to buy a whole case though.

The Foodery is only 3 miles from my hotel! Time to break in a new credit card lol

Don't be shocked by the prices there... I visited a friend in Philly and stopped by the Foodery for a mixed sixer and ended up spending 22 bucks...

keep in mind PA is a case state. yes you can buy singles, but you pay out the arse for them. Stupid state license regulations. I would second hitting up the foodery for the take home, and there are plenty of other bars to hit while in town. Monks is Monks, but it's always packed in there, and the wait staff is hit ore miss (mostly miss). YMMV.

Not sure where you are, but Kite and Key in the Art Museum area is a great spot. Belgian Cafe (yes, Monk's II) is actually ok. Monk's "proper" is the one I have had issues at. Bishops Collar is another good one. All within 5-6 blocks of each other. Then there is Northern Liberties. Solid beer bars all within a block or two of each other. Have to deal with the influx of the hipster dufus crowd though.

A bit outside of the city but Capones always has bottles of RR stuff and Pliny on tap every once in a while.

Capone's (Norristown, PA - 15 miles outside Philly) is tapping Salvation today. Other RR is available in bottles for takeout purchase.

ON TAP STARTING TODAY

AVERY IPA "JUST ARRIVED FROM THE BREWERY VERY FRESH"
AVERY DUGANA "BLACK IPA VERY FRESH"
AVERY MAHARAJA DIPA "NEW FRESH BATCH JUST KEGGED"
AVERY WHITE RASCAL
AVERY OUT OF BOUNDS STOUT
AVERY HOG HEAVEN BARLEYWINE
AVERY RUMPKIN "PUMPKIN BEER BREWED IN RUM BARRELS"
AVERY MEPH ADDICT
AVERY MEPHISTOPHELES
AVERY SAMUEL'S
AVERY THE CZAR IMPERIAL STOUT
AVERY THE REVEREND QUAD
AVERY OLD JULBILATION WINTER ALE
LAGUNITAS SUCKS HOLIDAY ALE "DOUBLE IPA w/WEST COAST HOPS"
BEAR REPUBLIC RACER X
MIKKELLER BEER BRUNCH WEASEL
RUSSIAN RIVER SALVATION
BELLS TWO HEARTED IPA
DOGFISH HEAD RED & BLACK
STOUDTS LATE HARVEST PUMPKIN
STONE BELGO RUSSIAN IMPERIAL STOUT
2010 PECHE MORTEL
2010 BOAKS MONSTER MASH RUSSIAN IMPERIAL STOUT EISBOCK
MIKKELLER BLACK HOLE IMPERIAL STOUT - WHITE WINE BARREL AGED
LEFT HAND SAW TOOTH ALE "ON NITROGEN POUR"
VICTORY FEST BIER OCTOBERFEST
LEFFE BLONDE
FRULI STRAWBERRY

Just in case you wander that way!

Foodery is closest if you are just staying downtown. Two locations.

As someone else posted, check phillytapfinder when you get there. They usually update the beers every few days.

If you are in the burbs, there's the Beer Store in Southampton, Capone's in Norristown, and Wegman's in Warrington. There are other, but those are the ones I go to for individual bottles.

Prices from low to high are usually Wegman's, Beer Store, and Capone's. Capone's blew me away with some of their prices. I think RR Damnation was $6.99 at Wegman's, $7.99 at Beer Store and $11 at Capone's.

Latest posts

Back