Infected beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BelgianGuert

Reaction score
Hi everybody! Like you suggested, I've put a picture of my Irish Red as my profile picture, is anybody can take a look on it and tell me if it looks infected or it's just clumps of yeast coming back to the surface? The beer as been nice in the first week of primary fermentation and 2 or 3 days before i was supposed to bottle it those wihte bubbles and little white traces start appearing on top, so I worry about it, what do you think? Do i bottle it or it's a waste of time? So the beer as been for 2 weeks in secondary fermentation and 2-3 days before bottling time those tings appears... Thanks a lot! Cheers!

It is too small to tell for sure but from what I can see, it doesn't look out of the ordinary. If you are worried, draw some out for a SG reading and taste it while you're at it.

I've got some other pictures and in better size how can i show them to you? I've made a gravity reading, 2 weeks ago it was at 1006 ( little bit too low for an irish red? ) it is still at 1006 and the taste is not bad... So i bottle this and I give you feedback in 2-3 weeks? In case that it can help you to give me a good diagnostic: brewed on the 25th feb. Original Gravity: 1054 but supposed to be 1059 in promash, 1 week later transfered to fermentor at 1006 on the 6th march for 2 weeks, pale malt + caramunich + special b + roasted barley + fuggle and czech saaz + 1 carraghenine pill and starter made with a WLP005 British Ale Yeast

Back