Aaargh, somebody help me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shecky

Just an old guy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't brewed in nearly two months now. I know, I know, get going.

It's starting to get to me. Last night I dreamed I had a little partigyle thing going on. Everything went great, absolutely swimmingly until the end. Got two batches into primary and then realized I had no yeast. No smack packs, no dry packs, no starters, no harvested yeast. Nada.

I woke up in a cold sweat. It was awful, just terrifying.

On a side note, I'm at my mom's place in Florida. Took a drink of the tap water. The first thought was, God, this stuff is vile. Second, of course, was there's no way you can brew with this stuff.

I really, really need to brew.:(

Dude, you think that's bad, I haven't brewed in almost a whole year! I came down with some serious stomach issues earlier this year and basically haven't brewed since because my consumption was so low. Right around the time I started doing better we moved which prevented me from brewing for a few months (although now I can go AG). Right now the pipeline is empty, the stockpile is empty, the kegs are empty, EVERYTHING IS EMPTY.

Seriously though, I'm thinking of doing my last few extract batches in the next few weeks (since I have all the ingredients already) and then we're building the AG set-up and really getting back down to business.

Whereabouts in Florida? If its nearby, I might stop and do some learnin.
As for your itchin, sit in a LHBS... and inhale deeply. Very deeply.

Dude, you think that's bad, I haven't brewed in almost a whole year! I came down with some serious stomach issues earlier this year and basically haven't brewed since because my consumption was so low. Right around the time I started doing better we moved which prevented me from brewing for a few months (although now I can go AG). Right now the pipeline is empty, the stockpile is empty, the kegs are empty, EVERYTHING IS EMPTY.

Seriously though, I'm thinking of doing my last few extract batches in the next few weeks (since I have all the ingredients already) and then we're building the AG set-up and really getting back down to business.

OK Jaded, you win. A year? I'd shrivel up and die, I think.

Get going on those extract batches. I will be converting my cooler for AG in the next few weeks if I have to do it at 1 am, by God. It's sitting in my basement taunting me.

On a side note, I'm at my mom's place in Florida. Took a drink of the tap water. The first thought was, God, this stuff is vile. Second, of course, was there's no way you can brew with this stuff.

I really, really need to brew.:(

My grandmother used to live in Orlando. The water is indeed awful.

Whereabouts in Florida? If its nearby, I might stop and do some learnin.
As for your itchin, sit in a LHBS... and inhale deeply. Very deeply.

I'm in Venice and am convinced they put some sort of additive in the water to keep the retirees alive longer. It is just truly awful water. I think alligator waste may be a key component.

Fortunately, the ABC store had Bell's Two-Hearted (unavailable in CT) and I grabbed a big ol' bottle of Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout. Who needs water?:D

I will be converting my cooler for AG in the next few weeks if I have to do it at 1 am, by God. It's sitting in my basement taunting me.

Yup, gotta grab any free moment you can with kids and family. Sleep is optional.

When I got to my mom's I opened the fridge for a looksie.

She says: "Rich (her man friend, my dad died 18 months ago, I've not come to terms with Rich yet) bought some beer. It's on the top shelf."

Shecky sees a buttload of Miller Lite in cans. Shecky says: "No, he didn't."

Shecky's mom: "It's right there."

Shecky: "That ain't beer."

Shecky's mom: "I forgot, you're a beer snob."

Shecky to his wife: "I'm going to the ABC store."

Shecky's wife: "Can I come?"

Shecky: "Will you marry me again?"

Well I haven't/hadn't brewed in 3 or so months myself (999 Barleywine was my last), I broke the trend by putting together a simple cider last night, not exactly brewing but it involved fermentables and yeast so I'm counting it, now to do the next batch...

Latest posts

Back