CO2 Regulator and 2 kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedIPA

Reaction score
I just scored 2 corney kegs and a 20lb CO2 tank for $57. I plan on setting up a kegerator with 2 taps. My question, can I use a splitter to deliver gas to both kegs or will I be better off with a second regulator for the second keg?

If you're going to be carbing and serving your beer at the same pressure you don't need a second regulator. I like serving most of my beers at around 12 psi. However, I have a second regulator for beers that are carbed and served at a higher or lower pressure. It's nice, but is not absolutely necessary.

I just used a plastic Y to split the gas between 2 kegs. I'm like Shooter, I carbonate and serve at 10-12 psi. The set and forget has worked great for me.

You can buy a three guage regulator to control the pressure independently, a two guage regulator with two outputs, a two guage regulator and a two-way distributor (pressure can be turned off to each keg), or a two guage regulator and a simple plastic y-connector. Just depends on how much control you want vs. how much you want to spend.

i just hooked up 'air compressor' fittings to my co2 stuff. I fill up a high pressure (30) keg as a bright tank, unhook, and put it back on the lower pressure serving tank (15)

I know this is kind of late but what if I had a fully carbed keg of beer on tap in my kegerator and wanted to carbonate another keg but only had one CO2 regulator with a Y-split in the line. When I hook the two kegs up to the one regulator, would I lose CO2 from my carbed beer?

It just seems like it might go flat for at least a little bit while trying to carb the other keg.

I know this is kind of late but what if I had a fully carbed keg of beer on tap in my kegerator and wanted to carbonate another keg but only had one CO2 regulator with a Y-split in the line. When I hook the two kegs up to the one regulator, would I lose CO2 from my carbed beer?

It just seems like it might go flat for at least a little bit while trying to carb the other keg.

As long as you keep the pressure in the head space at the serving pressure no CO2 should come out of your already carbed beer

Latest posts

Back