vanilla bourbon porter carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f126/bourbon-vanilla-porter-ag-30185/
Ok I have this beer in primary and will put in secondary within the week over vanilla beans. I will add the makers mark toward the low end I think . I am worried that it will kill off the yeast and make bottle carbing near impossible. I will probably not cold crash this to keep as much yeast as possible but I am not even sure about that. Do you guys think I will have carb issues?

Well since the original poster of that ongoing 18 page thread said that he bottle carbs following that exact procedure and doesn't have any problems, then I would say no you shouldn't have any problems.

Well since the original poster of that ongoing 18 page thread said that he bottle carbs following that exact procedure and doesn't have any problems, then I would say no you shouldn't have any problems.

musta missed that.. sorry. THANKS

I just did a quick, rough estimate and even 12 oz of 90 proof makers mark should only raise your abv by .5, so as long as you were close to the original og and fg it should be fine.

Just make sure that your abv before adding the bourbon is less than 9.5.

I just did a quick, rough estimate and even 12 oz of 90 proof makers mark should only raise your abv by .5, so as long as you were close to the original og and fg it should be fine.

Just make sure that your abv before adding the bourbon is less than 9.5.

thank you

Back