What is your brew routine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S.T. Out

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just curious as to what your regular routine is.

1. How often do you brew? Once a week? Every other week?

2. How many beers do you have fermenting at any one time?

3. How many beers do you have on tap at any one time?

4. After transferring a beer from the Primary to the Secondary how long is it untill you will brew another and put it in the Primary. Or maybe a better question is: How MANY carboys do you have?

I personally only have 2 carboys and just brewed a Nut Brown and its been in the Secondary for 2 weeks. But it's not going to the keg anytime soon because my friend in town who does the brewing for a small brewpub is going to fill my keg with an ale called Turmoil that has cascade hops. It's about 7% with a slight grapefruit aroma and taste :D

Thanks in advance for your input.

I don't have a lot of space so I only do one batch at a time, so I brew about once a month. I haven't started kegging, I will this spring quarter (April) when I don't have to worry about saving money to go to Florida for spring break. I just picked up some old Carlo Rossi Wine gallon jugs and I'm gonna use those to brew six pack testers for the beers I plan on making. I can't wait to do that, except its a lot of time for such a small amount of beer, but I guess it will pay off when I know in advance whether my stout or porter recipe is crap or not.

I've got my Weissen in the secondary now and I'm waiting to bottle, its gonna be perfect for these hot summer days that are coming up in a few months!

I have 2 carboys, 3 kegs, and a ton of bottles. I'm hoping to start brewing once - twice a week so i'm able to age my beers and i'm going this week to get 2 new carboys.

I have 3 5gal carboys, 1 6.5gal carboy & a 6gal pail for a primary. I don't have the keg setup yet (hoping to soon!). I brew about 3-4 times a month; right now I have a fruit beer in my secondary and a Kolsch in another carboy. I have an Irish Stout & ESB waiting in bottles and am enjoying cream & brown ales right now!!! I am brewing a lot right now because I am relatively new at this so I am trying to see which beers I like to make & the best way to make them. :mug:

I have 3 6-gal, 1 6.5-gal, 5 5-gal and 2 1 gal jugs. I have a kegerator with 3 taps and I have 5 kegs for it(3 on tap 2 conditioning). I have a closet of beer conditioning. During football season I would brew twice a week, sometimes more when it is cool in FL, but now it is getting hot again I tend to tun out of room in the chest freeze. I have started to brew big belgians so I am slowed down alot to give them the 2 to 3 weeks in the primary they need. I also do AG brewing on a 10 gal system.

I average 3 brews a month. I have a 6.5 gal carboy and a 7 gal plastic bucket as primaries, and 5 5 gal carboys as secondaries. I still bottle all my beer.

I'm hit and miss: I've already brewed three batches in the last few weeks, but I don't have supplies on hand for any more and I may wait a while before doing more.

Right now I only have 2 carboys, but I have a couple sources I can usually borrow one from if I have too many batches going.

Five carboys and two kegs, with a new brew every 3 weeks or so, depending on how fast supply is going ;)

Back