Hey all!! Northern Alberta checkin in!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wing Nut

Reaction score
Hey all! I sure wish I had found this forum sooner! I have been brewing for the last three years but only extract kits. I was getting a little bored of the add bag one too package 2, 3 and 4 add water and stir....... and wanted to make better beers like the ones I had enjoyed at brew pubs like spinnakers. I picked up "The complete joy of home brewing" at the local brew shop and have been wanting to do an all grain batch ever since. Last week I happened to notice the local Wal-mart had turkey fryers in so next thing I know I had two fryers and a cooler in my cart. I just have to finish making the platforms for my sculpture and finalise all the plumbing then I am going to be doing my 1st all grain batch. The advice and guidance I have found on this site have really helped me understand what I am getting into and I look forward to sharing many foamy beers with you all soon!

Cheers!:mug:

Wing Nut

Welcome! You've come to the right place for getting up to speed on all grain brewing.

Be sure to invite a few Newfoundlanders to sample your brews once they are finished. I'm sure there are enough of us there, and most are use to drinking cheap canned brews, so a good craft brewed beer would open a few eyes.

And welcome to this forum.

Well it is kinda a joke amongst my self and my freinds, I fly for a living and I am mechanicaly inclined so wing nut kinda suits my personality, That or I am crazy about flying or I am a flying nut!. Or a mix of them all. I am planning on using that as my "brewery" name, Wing Nut Brewing, sounds good to me. Just need a pair of wings with a nut in the middle as a label graphic now.

Cheers

Wing nut

Yep I am with the Air Force, origianly from Comox BC. This time of year the lake is nice and cold. Good news is lots of clean water direct from my tap for making beer. It warms up a good amount in the summer, it is tolerable by mid july.

-Wing Nut

Welcome. It must be air show day at the Base on Google Earth. I first looked at it to see where this was, and thought man the Canadian Airforce is a mean outfit... with a lack of secrecy.

Wow the response has been great on this board. Right now I am waiting training so I dont fly anything however I do get to go flying a lot. I have been very fortunate to fly the Tutor (snowbirds aircraft), the F-18 and Griffion helicopter. I have a bunch of time out on the west coast flying sea planes too. The google earth photos must be very old cause we havent had a air show out here for a good long time. It seems to be an regular thing on that program because it seems that there is more than one air base that is having an airshow. I have a bunch of freinds out here that are from the big rock, they sure like my home brew. Still trying to get a freind of myne from nova scotia to admit that Alexander Kieths is swill and shouldent be able to call its self an IPA. The prarrie boys all seem to have it right though.

Cheers!

Wing Nut

Back