Pipe smoking, a lost art.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are crazy man. Stopped by tobacconist tonight for first time in years. Picked up a few bags of blends they had in jars. Not sure if they mean anything but one is Seville, a black cavendish and a whiskey one. So far the cav is working for me. Picked up a cob while there even though not nearly as cheap as online. It seems okay though, will be nice when have time to relax.

Carving kit showed up!

IMG_20151211_112850055.jpg

Still haven't made any progress on my pipe as of late. Plan to stain and do some more sanding tomorrow. On the plus side, I did pick up a dozen 8 oz mason jars and was able to properly package my recent tobacco acquisitions for storage. Have 8 of them filled. Mostly English blends, and one VaPer. I really like the way the VaPer smells. Plan to pick up some more of that next Friday.

yeah, Fujin is really good. Raijin is another with fire cured. it's quite a bit more robust than Fujin. I'd really recommend the whole sampler pack.

I was thinking about ordering the sampler pack again. I'm willing to trade 4 for 4. dime each of the Gods for a dime each of Winter and anything else you might think I'd like.

I was thinking about ordering the sampler pack again. I'm willing to trade 4 for 4. dime each of the Gods for a dime each of Winter and anything else you might think I'd like.

I'll probably see if I can convince my wife to order me both samplers....Maybe. Probably cost us both the same as trying to ship baggies of plant flakes to each other.

I'll probably see if I can convince my wife to order me both samplers....Maybe. Probably cost us both the same as trying to ship baggies of plant flakes to each other.

It costs $5.95 to ship a good amount of baccy. Use the small, flat rate boxes from the post office. They hold a lot.

It costs $5.95 to ship a good amount of baccy. Use the small, flat rate boxes from the post office. They hold a lot.

Exactly this. The flat rate box fits inside the flat rate envelop to ship a little cheaper yet too. Pay and print your label online for the best price.

Latakia is another fire cured tobacco used widely in English and Balkan blends. Mississippi River and Frog Morton are both pretty good examples of English blends, Frog Morton being more Latakia heavy. Mississippi River is a staple in the Hooligan cellar and can be bought in bulk for savings from pipes and cigars

Bought a couple two ounce bags of Lane 1Q and Lane BCA.

Loving the 1Q. I don't get the hype over the room note because it's non-existent for me. Have even left the room and came back to see if it was a "in the same room as the coffee maker" thing. Nope. The flavor from it is amazing tho'.

Not a fan of the BCA. It's like it wants to be McLelland VBC but just gets mucked up along the way. It's described as Vanilla but I get more of a Black Cherry note in the bag. Nothing in the room note aside from a hint of the cavendish.

The VBC smelled like a vanilla candle both in the bag and in the room note and tasted like vanilla creme to me. Yumm.

Picked up some Old Dark Fired and Full Virginia Flake today. With the weather forecast so nice, I might actually get a chance to get out and smoke some.

Back