Need Help Locating a Replacement Regulator Washer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhalloran

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a regulator off of eBay a while back and it's been working well. The problem is, there isn't any identifiable manufacturer on the regulator and it has a non-standard connector. It seems like most regulators have a 1/8" tip that fits into a CO2 tank. The one I bought has a 3/8" tip.

I lost the original nylon washer and have been unable to find a replacement. I did find a rubber washer at Ace Hardware that had the proper thickness and dimensions. The replacement washer used to have a rubber nipple on it that I cut off with an x-acto knife to create a flat washer. The last two CO2 tanks have bled out using this replacement washer. The first time I thought it was a problem with my firestone-style gas post. The second time was using a tested keg with brand new o-rings and universal poppets.

Attaching some photos that I created that have the dimensions of the regulator tip, since I can't explain it very well. I forgot to mark the depth of the tip, it is .125in" thick. Thank you for your help!

eWogrFe.jpg

cbMxfu6.jpg

Z83utWO.jpg

Thank you, amandabab! I PM'd someone in that thread in the hopes they can steer me in the right direction.

I'm not sure that is a Japanese CGA-320 if he is in the U.S. and is able to get it on a CO2 tank. My regulator's original nut looked like that one too, before I found a new, wider nut that works here.

Jhalloran, I PM'd back, but for others in the same position, I found a set of 6 nylon washers for keg system regulators on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000DZFVDS/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
People actually still use those nylon washers?

Haven't used one of them since I purchased a couple of these:
http://www.bvrgelements.com/product/Leak-Stopper/

Work great and I just keep them screwed into the tank even when getting them filled and never have to worry about losing them.
And at $3.00/each it's easy to keep a couple on hand "just in case" but I have used the same one since I started kegging and have never had a leak so far (knock on wood).

-deicide

How does that thing work exactly? Their image is pretty craptastic. Once Upon A Cross is a great song by the way.

EDIT: Figured it out thanks to the power of Google. Thanks for the help again, Deicide.

Back