Keezer installation brainstorming

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcberry

Reaction score
I am still in the beginning process of getting my keezer setup. In fact, haven't even bought a freezer yet, but I am trying to figure out the best way to do my setup.

My scenario is as follows:

I want taps mounted on the wall behind the bar. The other side of this wall is an unfinished area in which the freezer will be located. My thought is to simply build a typical keezer, with collar, but instead of having taps mounted right outside the collar, the shank will go through both the collar, then the drywall and then have the taps mounted on the wall in the finished bar area. I will have to build a platform to get the freezer at the right height such that the taps end up the proper height.

The alternative is to run the lines through the collar, through insulated pvc (or something) then up to the taps, probably requiring some extra fans to keep the lines cold.

I am leaning towards the first option just as there is less to build and whatnot.

Has anyone else done this sort of installation with the taps exposed, but the rest of the setup "behind the curtain"?

Thanks!

I'd worry about the pressure from pulling the tap on the drywall. Also, if you had to move your freezer for any reason, you would have to disconnect all the shanks, wouldn't you?

Me personally, I want everyone to see my kegerator and be in awe of it's greatness! Well not really...

Search the forums, somewhere on here a guy ran lines from his basement up to taps on the wall upstairs, insulating the lines, and said it worked fairly well, cool idea.

Back