Never bottle while pregnant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otterella

Reaction score
First, I almost forgot to add the starsan to the water before sanitizing 48 bottles. Then after filling 8 or 9 bottles, I realized I forgot to add the priming sugar. Then I tried capping a bottle that didn't actually have a cap on it.

Seriously, anything you've ever heard about pregnant women getting really really stupid is 100% true.

Yeah, but did it make you cry or perhaps run after someone with a kitchen knife? If not, it seems like you may still be above par for the course (been around my wife through 3 pregnancies....)! I've had bottling days like this and I just choked it up to "having one of those days", but now I find out that it was because I'm stupid :p (since I don't have the pregnancy thing to fall back on).

Hard to reply to this for me, awkward. Tried a few times and erased what I wrote.

Hey Mom! You're making a baby. A living being in your belly. You're entitled to be weird at this point in life. I'm a guy, don't have to put up with making babies other than, you know, donarship. Great to hear you are brewing.

Cheers!

Since this is my fourth pregnancy, the emotional upheaval has more or less mellowed compared to my first. I still have bad days, but not like it used to be. The brain thing is for real, though. It's like how men joke about not being able to think straight when the little brain has all the blood, but a million times worse.

At least you have something to blame it on! It can happen to anyone not really paying that much attention because they have other things going on... reproducing life is a great excuse.

Okay.. feel as though I'm getting myself in between a rock and hard place. Just got to ask BobbiLyn what did your post mean. Are you two sisters?

Not sisters, but have had 2 children myself, being pregnant is like being distracted by a normal, everyday thing, but 10 FOLD!

In having conversations with my 18 year old daughter, I just have to say.. I'm glad I'm not a woman. Periods, pregnancy...ich. To much hassle. All I need to worry about is prostate cancer. Winning!

In having conversations with my 18 year old daughter

When it comes to the "woman talk", maybe let her mother, or motherly figure in her life, provide the answers. Stick to subjects about beer and such, you know, manly stuff. My daughter will be 18 in May, and my son 21 in Feb... oh my!

When it comes to the "woman talk", maybe let her mother, or motherly figure in her life, provide the answers. Stick to subjects about beer and such, you know, manly stuff. My daughter will be 18 in May, and my son 21 in Feb... oh my!

I like that advice but doesn't work. Wife is gone. I've had a few talks with my daughter. At 18 she knows about sex. Got to remind myself, I did to at that age.

This might sound naive but pretty sure she hasn't had sex yet.

I anticipated something like you could not reach the capper. The truth is even funnier. Thank you for that. I'll pass it on to DW.

This might sound naive but pretty sure she hasn't had sex yet.

Okay, LOL, not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you. I'm sure my daughter's father thinks the same thing about our daughter and my daughter would like me to believe it as well.. Woman mature at a younger age than men, analyze that however you'd like. Surely she has a motherly figure in her life, even a grandmother or a teacher, or an aunt. You aren't the only one she's talking to. It's okay to step away when you don't understand your daughter, she will find a woman in her life to relate to.

Since this is my fourth pregnancy, the emotional upheaval has more or less mellowed compared to my first. I still have bad days, but not like it used to be. The brain thing is for real, though. It's like how men joke about not being able to think straight when the little brain has all the blood, but a million times worse.

Congratulations!

SWMBO refers to the entire state as "Gestational Alzheimers" . Claims the baby was eating her brain cells.

We both chuckled, but I wasn't smart enough to leave it there. Asked her is they came back after being digested, so she would have $h*t for brains.*

SMACK!!!!!

:D

* Not really, but it did occur to me at the time.

SWMBO refers to the entire state as "Gestational Alzheimers" . Claims the baby was eating her brain cells.

We both chuckled, but I wasn't smart enough to leave it there. Asked her is they came back after being digested, so she would have $h*t for brains.*

SMACK!!!!!

:D

* Not really, but it did occur to me at the time.

Your next brew stand may of needed to be made on top of a shopping cart after that one! At least you could have pulled it over under a bridge if you wanted to brew while it was raining.....

Okay, LOL, not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you. I'm sure my daughter's father thinks the same thing about our daughter and my daughter would like me to believe it as well.. Woman mature at a younger age than men, analyze that however you'd like. Surely she has a motherly figure in her life, even a grandmother or a teacher, or an aunt. You aren't the only one she's talking to. It's okay to step away when you don't understand your daughter, she will find a woman in her life to relate to.

You make some good points about other women explaining things to her. Her mom is not actually dead. She is just actually ...what word? .... NUTs

I know for my daughter a mentor woman would be good. It just isn't going to happen, not that I can see.

I know for my daughter a mentor woman would be good. It just isn't going to happen, not that I can see.

Because you don't see it, does not mean it is not happening. Woman stick together and your daughter probably has a lot more support then you realize. It's not something she's going to "talk to dad" about. You will never be the one she goes to talk to about it, end of story. You don't know every person she is talking to when you are not looking. I'm sure your daughter is fine and has found woman she can talk to. You can still be a great dad without always having to save the day.

I've never been pregnant but bottling made me crazy... So much so I started to keg and never looked back. If I want to bring beer somewhere I just use the beergun to fill a few 2 liter bottles and I've got a very small % of my sanity back.

Bobbi

I truly appreciate your opinion. I just don't think you understand, my fault for not explaing the situation better. But still, thankyou for trying to help. If you would 7 like to talk more on this, send me a PM and I'll send you my email address.

I'll send you my email address

We'll start a co-op, parents of 18 year old females unite! Yes they are difficult and impossible to understand most of the time... Doesn't make you a bad parent in the least bit.

I'm 67 and being stupid is a permanent condition. At least yours will go away.

My record for going outside to get something then forgetting what I went out for so back in the house only to remember again is four times.

Back