What did Santa bring you for Christmas??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bomber of Nebraska Brewing Co. Fathead Barleywine & a subscription to a beer of the month club. (posted from my Palm Treo)

MOD EDIT: threads merged

Look what Santa brought me for Christmas, I must have been nice!!
11 Gallon Bayou Classic Stainless Steel Brew Kettle with spigot. I can't wait to put it to use!!!!

Christmas2010014.jpg

Christmas2010015.jpg

Merry Christmas and a Happy Brew Year!!!:mug:

I got enough gift cards to amazon and elsewhere to finish my new brew setup in style and not on the cheap. Thanks Santa!

How do you already know what you are getting next year?

Santa is bringing the rest of my gifts tomorrow, I'm wishing for a thermapen or some cash to get another boilermaker pot.

Chest freezer and Johnson temp controller
"Yeast" by Jamil Zainasheff and Chris White
"Tasting Beer" by Randy Mosher
"The Brewmasters Table" by Garret Oliver
Stone Brewing Work shirt
some misc. parts to repair my draft system
Pretty Things Our Finest Regards
DFH Bitches Brew
Rodenbach Vintage 2007

I got one of those inverted beer bottle glasses and $200 to More Beer. I'm thinking of putting it towards the 10 gallon all-grain cooler system.

2 New Belgium glasses

2 craftman 16" hand racheting clamp thingys I've been bitching about not having those for just about every project I start on.

bottle of DFH Bitches Brew
bottle of Bad Elf winter ale

Chugger SS pump

a watch which I am taking about because I am super picky when it comes to watches and this one isn't my style.

I bought a whole bunch of stuff for my self not for Christmas but just because I needed them for brewing

Brew Masters Warehouse "Silver starter kit"
2 kegs for keggles
chest freezer
2 dual faucet perlick
2 ebay fish tank temp controllers
side by side fridge/ freezer

I just need some silicon tubing and I can brew beer. in style for my first batch.

-=Jason=-

Sudtirol - I have the same pot and replaced the spigot with a ball valve and bulkhead assembly from Bargain Fittings.

I did not like the spigot valve; thought it would be tough to keep clean. If you look inside it, the metal casting is rough. Plenty of places for nasties to hide-out.

I got a set of tulip glasses from Crate & Barrel, a set of Pilsner glasses from a coworker, a "Periodic Table of Beer" t-shirt (it's really neat) and a book "Beer & Philosophy" which looks like a good read.

I also got a nice gaming keyboard, iTunes gift card, and a snuggie from my sweetie who thought it would be a fun gift for me.

MOD EDIT: threads merged

I'll start. I was the big winner at christmas this year.

-SWEET Filson briefcase and moleskine Shirt
-Nice set of Sennheiser's for plane rides
-AWESOME Dovo straight razor and strop
-Aftershave, brush soap, balm and oil.
-50 bucks to the LHBS, Yeast by Jamil and Chris White and The compleat meadmaker by ken schramm
-Ties/socks/hankys/gophers and twins cap

I made out like a bandit this year.

-"Wild Brews"
-"Farmhouse Ales"
-30 plate chiller
-2 more 6.5gal carboys
-De Dolle Arabier
-Brasserie à Vapeur Saison de Pipaix
-Dieu du Ciel! Solstice d'Hiver
-De Proef Rheinhaert

What can I say... she knows what beers I like.

Sudtirol - I have the same pot and replaced the spigot with a ball valve and bulkhead assembly from Bargain Fittings.

I did not like the spigot valve; thought it would be tough to keep clean. If you look inside it, the metal casting is rough. Plenty of places for nasties to hide-out.

Ultravista, thanks for the info, I will have to look into that. I didn't look at it that close.

Santa brought me a iPad, some great pint glasses, and an immersion chiller! I'm pretty darn fortunate and thrilled. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a safe happy new year!

Now to kick back with the whole family and have a few home brews. It just doesn't get any better than this!

I got $370 to put towards starting an AG setup. I have a turkey fryer with a 7.5 gal pot. Immersion chiller, Better Bottles. Should I go the cooler MLT route? Should I worry about fly sparging or just start out batch sparging? What else is something to think about going AG?

Brewing Classic Styles, Designing Great Beers, Radical Brewing, Brewing Up A Business...and around $425 from various family members to assumably apply to more brewing equipment :)

On another note, I had some Troeg's Mad Elf tonight and was not impressed. It made me very sad :(

I got $370 to put towards starting an AG setup. I have a turkey fryer with a 7.5 gal pot. Immersion chiller, Better Bottles. Should I go the cooler MLT route? Should I worry about fly sparging or just start out batch sparging? What else is something to think about going AG?

with $370 you've got room to spare for AG stuff! you could get a 10 gallon pot like the pemrose kettle from brewhemoth or make a keggle (if you wanted to upgrade), make a MLT and maybe even have enough to get a barley crusher!

On sparging, BM's "hybrid" fly sparge is a great way to stay connected to the process for your first few AG batches. All you need is a pitcher. its sort of time consuming but you basically act as the sparge arm, trickling water into the MLT to maintain 2" deep pool of sparge h2o over the grain bed.

If this sounds like a waste of time that could be spent cleaning/HAHB'ing, then batch sparging works great too.

Dang .. you all are lucky. I get (and got) one pair of black socks and a pair of Lucky Brand jeans that do not fit.

My wife however got .50 karat diamond earings. I'll tell you, I got ripped off. About $900 worth of hardened carbon.

Next year she's getting a pair of jeans that don't fit and a single pair cheap pair (Ross) of mens socks.

so far my only beer gifts are books: Designing Great Beers, and Principles of Brewing Science.

But I also got some sweet-a$$ dallas cowboys slippers, some new cowboys shirts, and a bunch of new work clothes (dress shirts and jeans)

I scored really good this year.
Book:
Brew Like A Monk
Radical Brewing
Designing Great Beer
Subscription to BYO
Gear:
Refractometer w/ SG Scale
Digital scale that stays in the brew gear and not the kitchen
Stir Plate
5000ml Flask (sent SWMBO they wrong link, meant to get a 500ml but I'm planning lots of uses for this big guy, so this was a big bonus score)
Misc:
AHB Brew your own damn beer t-shirt
AHB Tasting Glass
Giant Yeast Microbe (this guy http://www.giantmicrobes.com/us/products/beerandbread.html )
Brewing notes notepad

Back