So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Im planing a saturday brew of 5 gallons of Cream of Three crops. My order from brewmasterswarehouse should be here on friday, minus the flaked corn which they were out of. If I can find that locally Ill be brewing, if I cant it might be a cream of two crops.

Just did a all pilsner malt pale w/ bravo, palisade, calypso hops. This weekend has a 10gal batch of vienna lager using bohemian lager yeast from a previous mexican lager batch scheduled. Holiday season this year put brewing on the back burner for about 4 weeks. Lickily I stock piled this fall in anticipation! Next after that is first sour split into 5 one gal batches using differnt fruits in each.

Cpn Kirk, I've brewed 2 wheats with 3333 (have yeast stored in fridge still). Definitely has a tart edge to it, which I like. Ferments and drops quickly (2 weeks). Both of my wheats have dropped crystal clear, which I find pretty unusual for a wheat. So not sure you're going to get the hefe look with your brew. My second wheat, I added Raspberries which clouded it up nicely.

I've been told 3333 produces a beer similar to Paulaner, which would ROCK!

:rockin:

Batch of double IPA tomorrow with my bro, who is in town from San Francisco. First time using the new double burner and the March pump - totally psyched!

Had today off & yesterday's weather was perfect for brewing so did a Simcoe IIPA on the back deck.

Plan on having a brew session on Sunday with some friends. I have a oatmeal stout kit I just picked up. I plan on altering it somehow. I know it's nothing crazy, but possibly a couple of cinnamon sticks with 10 mins left in the boil. Considering going to the LHBS to get something else to brew this weekend as well. Possibly a good light summer beer.

Just mashed in a Simco/ Amarillo Session pale ale with my new 15 gallon Blichmann mash tun. THis thing is freaking sweet

Got a Chinook IPA going tonight. 7%, 70 ibu and special b in place of crystal malt. Should be a good time!

What was the recipe you brewed? I went to my LHBS and they told me to take my best ipa recipe and add carafa III (.5-.75 lbs) to it. Brewed it about a month ago have it sitting in the keg, but don't have high hopes for it.

I haven't brewed it yet because the hose is taking forever to show up. But this recipe is intense... I wanted to make a real stand-out brew for my first batch on the new rig. Total of 15.8oz hops (I bought 3# and that was the smallest bag I was sent so I figured I should use all of it :rockin:)

All-Cascade Cascadian Dark Ale
5.5 gallons
75% eff.
1.071 est OG
1.018 est FG
80.4 est IBU
33.8 SRM

12# US 2-row
1.6# Crystal 60L
1# Carafa Special II (400L)

0.3oz Cascade (6.9%) 60min
3.0oz Cascade (6.9%) 15min
3.0oz Cascade (6.9%) 10min
3.5oz Cascade (6.9%) 5min
4.0oz Cascade (6.9%) 0min
2.0oz Cascade (6.9%) dry-hop 7 days

washed American Ale II (Wyeast 1272)

Founders breakfast stout clone, with a few tweeks.

Will be using San Diego super yeast (free from work), goldings and warrior (free from work), some mineral additions for the first time (free from work), and some malt that was also... well, you know.

Finally getting around to my BDS tomorrow. Pretty excited about this as it is 1) my first BDS, 2) my first planned 6+ mo aging beer, 3) from Jamil's recipe, which have turned out awesome so far, 4) a freakin awesome style that should be really enjoyable to drink!

Also, I've set a pretty ambitious brew schedule: 6x 5-gal batches in the next 5 weeks. Got kegs for Christmas & want to fill 'em, plus brewing for my 1st BJCP comp in March. :rockin:

Reno_eNVy said:
I haven't brewed it yet because the hose is taking forever to show up. But this recipe is intense... I wanted to make a real stand-out brew for my first batch on the new rig. Total of 15.8oz hops (I bought 3# and that was the smallest bag I was sent so I figured I should use all of it :rockin:)

All-Cascade Cascadian Dark Ale
5.5 gallons
75% eff.
1.071 est OG
1.018 est FG
80.4 est IBU
33.8 SRM

12# US 2-row
1.6# Crystal 60L
1# Carafa Special II (400L)

0.3oz Cascade (6.9%) 60min
3.0oz Cascade (6.9%) 15min
3.0oz Cascade (6.9%) 10min
3.5oz Cascade (6.9%) 5min
4.0oz Cascade (6.9%) 0min
2.0oz Cascade (6.9%) dry-hop 7 days

washed American Ale II (Wyeast 1272)

That makes me feel better, I just turned my two hearted clone into a black ipa with carafa III, it is force carbonating now

Founders breakfast stout clone, with a few tweeks.

Will be using San Diego super yeast (free from work), goldings and warrior (free from work), some mineral additions for the first time (free from work), and some malt that was also... well, you know.

They looking for any help down there chill? I'm bottling a batch of hoppy brown next Tuesday that's been sitting on the "super yeast" for a month. If that stuff is any kind of super, it ought to be well finished - it was only OG 1.050 to begin with. What kind of minerals?

BrewMU said:
They looking for any help down there chill? I'm bottling a batch of hoppy brown next Tuesday that's been sitting on the "super yeast" for a month. If that stuff is any kind of super, it ought to be well finished - it was only OG 1.050 to begin with. What kind of minerals?

Hey, not sure where you're from as I'm on my phone, but the water in Sheffield is crazy soft and there is barely and calcium in it so I'm adding calcium chloride and some bicarb, possibly some calcium sulphate, haven't quite figured it out yet.

Just bottled my first 2.5 gal batch of Brandon O's Graff and am brewing up the second right now.

mjdonnelly68 said:
Busting up an Oatmeal Stout right now.

Also baking my first batch of dog biscuits with the spent grain.

It's a great day to be a dog!

Can you pm me your dog biscuit recipe? That sounds llike a great use for the grains. How does the dogs like them?

I'm doing a partil mash AHS Anniversary IPA today. It's 43 here in Indiana today. I have three beers in me before noon and I'm halfway through the boil. :mug:

I am. Getting ready for mash out on my Brown Eyed Girl. (American Brown Ale) It's my fourth all grain batch and my first from scratch recipe. You can see the recipe at hopville.com (same username)

Wish me luck.

Just finished bottling two batches of my Imperial IPA recipe...left my starsan in the bucket as I am planning on a double-brew day tomorrow

Bottled up an orange-wheat and then brewed up my go-to brown ale (6lbs of amber dme, 1oz of cascade @ 60min and 1oz of willamette @ 15 min, pitch whatever dry yeast I have on hand - today Coopers)

10 Gallons of Belgian Pale Ale.
1b8f1a1a.jpg

e29ef59a.jpg

I brewed an IIPA Thursday night cause was off Friday. Gotta bottle a Falconares Ale tomorrow & rack my New Years Eve brews (a Nut Brown Ale & a wheat) to the secondary. Love it when I get this busy workin on my beer, gotta keep the pipeline stocked!!!

Awesome setup Layne!

Brewing 5 gal of American Amber right now. Wanted to do it last weekend but got side tracked.

My first batch of the year
My first batch in my new pot (Blichmann 10 Gal)
My first all grain
My first BIAB

Lots of firsts this weekend. Looking forward to "kicking it up a notch" with my hobby this year. Maybe I can actually get my pipeline down so I don't ever run out again. :p

Just brewed my first batch of the new year and first time brewing a RIS. Got to use some of the new gear I got for Christmas. Here's to brewing more in 2012!

Latest posts

Back