Two Batch Mix-Millet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brwmistr

Reaction score
I had been tossing the idea around of testing the theory of two batches mixed together to test the natural enzyme strengths.

So..last night I setup a small test.

Batch (1) was 40grams of Home Malted Pale Millet held at 55Cel, with a 0.015thou crush on the grain. Using a 2.1/Kg ratio the 40grams went into 0.08L of water at 5.0pH and held for 20mins. After the 20mins the liquid was at 1.2Brix.

Batch (2) was 40grams of Home Malted Pale Millet held at 80Cel, with 0.015thou crush on the grain. Using a 2.1/Kg ratio the 40grams went into 0.08L of water at 5.0pH and held for 20mins. After the 20mins this liquid was also at 1.2Brix.

I then blended the two batches together and held this mixture at 65 for 60mins. After 1 hour the liquid was at 3 Brix (1.012).

My Conclusion would be that the malt is not modified enough to conduct this test yet but at least I now have a bench mark as to what will happened when I get my malting down. I had better numbers after 60mins during a 19L brew session when I used a decoction method. (1.035)

Back