• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Custom Whirlpool Immersion Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cscade

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Up for sale is my custom built immersion whirlpool chiller. I built this a year ago, and it has served me well. I am switching to a plate chiller instead, so this top quality bit of my brewing history is about to start collecting dust!

I am including a slew of photos below since this is a one-of-a-kind device.

Everything that touches the wort is copper, I soldered all the fittings myself with lead free solder, and the pipes are connected to each other at various points with copper wires that are also soldered in place. The end result is a chiller that is extremely sturdy and effective. I sized and built this for 10 gallon batches in a keggle brew pot. Just in case you have something else, I included the relvant dimensions below. The original design was inspired by Jamil Zainasheff, and then I actually built mine based on the excellent write-up here.

This is designed to work with a recirculating pump (I use a march) running at the same time as the cooling water. Doing so reduces cooling time by more than half that without the pump. If you don't have a recirculating pump, it works just like any other immersion chiller of it's size.

I/O:
- Garden Hose female water input
- Garden Hose male water output
- 1/2" FPT wort input (sanitary fitting shown in photos will not be included)

Dimensions:
- Less than 8-1/2" in diameter at widest point
- 12" from bottom of kettle to whirlpool tube output
- 17" from bottom of kettle to top of coils
- 31" from bottom of kettle to top of chiller (overall height)
- 12lbs of chilling awesomeness!

I am asking $125. I will ship anywhere you want, you pay actual shipping, or I will drive up to 30 miles from Wooster, OH (44691) to meet you for local pickup. Please feel free to ask any questions!

Edit: After doing some market research I decided to drop the price to $125.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

I think its a good deal, but it was a little too small for me so I built my own. From my experience, the components you are selling cost more to purchase new than you are asking for this, and then you have to consider the time it takes to build something of this quality. Looks like a great piece of equipment! Best of luck selling.

Latest posts

Back