What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little Pumpkan while I measure ny strike water.

ForumRunner_20130824_102417.png

Pint of Coniston "American Red"

ForumRunner_20130824_152438.png

Coniston is a brewery in the lake district. Contrary to the picture it is quite red.

I'm in the Philharmonic in Liverpool.

ForumRunner_20130824_152550.png

Look it up and be jealous ;)

nukebrewer said:
My very first Flemish Red. Very excited but nervous it won't come out as expected, and for a sour that can be disastrous.

What are you pitching? I tasted the first of three wlp 665 beers I have going earlier this week. It's a little over 8 months now and it's ok, but I'm not thrilled.

I don't have to look it up, I'm already jealous.

It has famous toilets. The only listed (i.e., legally protected) urinals in England. They're ornate carved pink marble with a mosaic floor and stuff. I would take a picture but it looks a bit weird taking photos in the gents... Probably some on t'internet. The rest of the pub is quite ornate and old fashioned too.

The Beatles used to drink here.

It has famous toilets. The only listed (i.e., legally protected) urinals in England. They're ornate carved pink marble with a mosaic floor and stuff. I would take a picture but it looks a bit weird taking photos in the gents... Probably some on t'internet. The rest of the pub is quite ornate and old fashioned too.

The Beatles used to drink here.

y'alls worst pubs are better than the best bars I've been in over here. been in a few over there with the urinal trough running down the bar. they get mad when you use them though. hahahaa!!

Made a heaping plate of eggs, bacon and hash browns. Went to go make some coffee...fook! No coffee! How did this hap...hey! There's a beer in the fridge! So, it's a yuengling with my plate of goodness!

tyzippers said:
Made a heaping plate of eggs, bacon and hash browns. Went to go make some coffee...fook! No coffee! How did this hap...hey! There's a beer in the fridge! So, it's a yuengling with my plate of goodness!

And that is how it's done. ;)

What are you pitching? I tasted the first of three wlp 665 beers I have going earlier this week. It's a little over 8 months now and it's ok, but I'm not thrilled.

Yeah, same here, WLP665. When you got your vial did it look like there was a very abnormally low amount of product in there?

Nice! Total free day today for me today,let's see what's in the fridge??

I'll take jp over bruery anytime. I'm yet to have a beer from the bruery that's very interesting. All very one note. I haven't had a ton of the society stuff, but their standard offerings haven't made we want to find any either. So there's my rant for this morning.

I just mentioned it because I always hear ppl fawning over Tart of Darkness. Never had The Bruery at all but just started selling here so I'm sure I'll be checking them out. It pretty much doesn't get any better than sitting at JP having truffle fries and La Roja on tap for me.

LoloMT7 said:
I scored a bench capper for 5 bucks at the good will one day it works great. Still use my wing capper sometimes though.

Sweet deal. I need to check goodwill more often. A buddy of mine bought 2 carboys for $2 each at a goodwill. I got the best deal of all, though, because he gave one to me. So I got it free.
My wife is always coming home with pint glasses for me that she got for less than a buck.

nukebrewer said:
Yeah, same here, WLP665. When you got your vial did it look like there was a very abnormally low amount of product in there?

Yes, white labs has diddly squat for cells in bacteria and yeast. I doubt I'll use any if there bugs or Brett again. At the least, you need to pitch a pack of us-05 with the wlp 665.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
I just mentioned it because I always hear ppl fawning over Tart of Darkness. Never had The Bruery at all but just started selling here so I'm sure I'll be checking them out. It pretty much doesn't get any better than sitting at JP having truffle fries and La Roja on tap for me.

I'm counting the days :D

Channel66 said:
White labs are only useful for reusing vials

Wlp072 is one of my favorite strains, but probably the only one I'll ever buy again. 550 is good, too.

Channel66 said:
Crushing 55 lbs of grain, watching 6 liters of 2 different yeasties spinning up. Big brew day today.

Drinking a petite saison

Look who's alive. Thought you might be list at sea. Whatcha brewing today? Refilling barrel?

TNGabe said:
Look who's alive. Thought you might be list at sea. Whatcha brewing today? Refilling barrel?

And I'm having pbr and clam in a quart jar list like old times.

Yup, or at least, I'm brewing a third of the barrel, dad is doing one, and my bro in law is doing one. Just my farmhouse recipe, but I'm also brewing a heavily late motueka saison for top off post ferm.

Back