Back sweeting w/ concentrate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewsbrothers

Reaction score
When useing concentrate(frozen i am assuming) what would the ratio to gallon be? How much frozen concentrate to gallon of fermented cider would i use?

I have only done one gallon, but I mixed it with one of the cans of frozen concentrate from the grocery store (maybe 12 oz?) right before I served it at a party and it mixed very well! Made the apfelwein very rich and applely. But depending on how sweet you like it, I would suggest maybe thawing the concentrate all the way, and adding 1/4 of the can at a time to a gallon and then taste a bit to see if you like it like that and just keep adding until you hit the mix you like the best.(then go from there on the whole 5 gallon batch) But I think that if you add apple concentrate, without adding the proper K-metas and other stabilizers it might start fermenting again, and you would have bottle bombs. I only added mine before going to the party and we drank it all that night, so I didn't worry about stabilizing my wine.

Yeah its cold crashing right now so i am getting it off the yeast because my SP/GRV is were i want it and my Pot Alch is where i want it about 8% its just very dry need to bring some flavors back without killing the Alch/vol

Latest posts

Back