Random Smash?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

othevad

Reaction score
hey guys.

So I got a bunch of new brewing equipment this xmas (2nd kettle/outdoor gas burner) and I'm dying to do a brew. Planning on doing tomorrow and I have 3 things in my house atm that I haven't used (pretty much the only thing I have randomly) and was thinking about doing a Smash recipe with Munich/Belma... Oh yeah to make it more stupid I have a rewashed jar of WL 565 saison yeast to ferment it with. I don't have any experience with the munich (bought 10 lbs on a whim since I've only used pale and maris)

Would this be terrible? Or is it worth trying to do this?
thanks =P

I just did a vienna/citra SMaSH fermented with WLP565 at 85 degrees. The sample for the FG reading was pretty great. I say go for it.

I made a single hop pale ale with Belma and was not too impressed -- not much flavor at all, although plenty of bittering and some aroma.

Maybe build it as more of a malt-forward beer or an ordinary bitter, vs. a highly hopped one?

Back