How long should a keg sit after force carbing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOISEpollution

Reaction score
I ramped the co2 up to 30 psi and shook for 2 minutes. Now I've disconnected the co2 and am letting it sit. I've always waited at least 3 hours before serving but do I have to wait that long?

lol no you don't have to wait at all.
If the beer isn't carbed you will just be drinking it flat

Even though it's carbed, it will still benefit from cold conditioning. I like to let my beer sit for at least two weeks before I tap it. 3 or 4 weeks is better.

I'm with krylok -

I never had good luck getting equilibrium after I force-carbed. So...if my pipeline is dry, I drink commercial craft beers until my beer is ready.

2 weeks at 10-12, and I'm good to go.

I transfer to the keg, purge it with CO2 and cold crash for 24 hours. Hook up the CO2 at 30 PSI for 24 hours, vent the pressure and set to 12 - 15 PSI for at least a week. Pour a glass and see where I'm at and adjust from there.

My beer always tastes dramatically different after 2 weeks in the keg and for the better as all the junk has settled out and I am left with clear clean tasting beer. It takes about a week at carbonating volumes to achieve the proper level of carbonation. I will turn the PSI up to 30 for the first day and then back down after to the proper level.

Latest posts

Back