What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397325350.608918.jpg

Watching my Hogs struggle against the LSU baseball team.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

After a 2-hour run to Home Depot, I'm finally back home.

Continuing work outside of the house.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397328249.190211.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397330378.978497.jpg

HB DIPA while hanging a big-ass bird feeder on one of the trees out front. Hope I don't fall.

Had DC's chocolate habanero mead last night. I had no idea what to expect, but it was sweet, really tasted like chocolate syrup, with just a bit of spice on the finish. Super drinkable at 16%. Still pretty new to mead, so was stoked to try it.

Got any details on the batch? OG/FG, etc? Def tasted like there was some residual sweetness there.

I back sweetened it. It fermented dry but with the chocolate I want a little sweetness to be there. I'll check my notes for the gravity but it's like 1.100-> 1.000ish. You like it?

The SO and I are in Exuma in the Bahamas, so it's all about the Fruity Rum drinks!

[Kalik - Bahamas Bud - holds no attraction for a home brewer]

Cheers!

Water. Going to be a long day at work. I am in the still half drunk stage of a hangover.

Been there too many times, my man. Keep pounding that water! I drink a glass an hour at work...helped me quit cigarettes.

Green mountain high!

Been there too many times, my man. Keep pounding that water! I drink a glass an hour at work...helped me quit cigarettes.

Green mountain high!

Yeah no kidding. Water is for sure helping. I don't mind feeling like this, I just don't like it when I have to work feeling like this. Water+coffee is the total cure though.

So started with the dank and did a
Crab test on the root beer looks like its a uncap and pour some champagne yeast party tonight to 80
12oz 9 bombers and one 750
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397336296.018974.jpg
No carb rootbeer at 10.5%
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397336337.426003.jpg

Well, after returning home from a nice time drinking and packing a trade with DC, I am now in the ER because my daughter still won't walk after falling wrong on the trampoline yesterday. Yay...

I back sweetened it. It fermented dry but with the chocolate I want a little sweetness to be there. I'll check my notes for the gravity but it's like 1.100-> 1.000ish. You like it?

Ah, that explains it. Did you have to stabilize before back sweetening?

I did like it. It was a good after dinner/dessert wine. A bit more habanero flavor/heat might have worked, but it was good as is too. Thanks again!

I might have to return the bottle to you with some of mine if it turns out well.

Well, after returning home from a nice time drinking and packing a trade with DC, I am now in the ER because my daughter still won't walk after falling wrong on the trampoline yesterday. Yay...

That sucks man. Hope she is alright and nothing major.

Ah, that explains it. Did you have to stabilize before back sweetening?

I did like it. It was a good after dinner/dessert wine. A bit more habanero flavor/heat might have worked, but it was good as is too. Thanks again!

I might have to return the bottle to you with some of mine if it turns out well.

I might step up the habanero. Before the back sweeten the pepper was more pronounced. Just an experiment that turned out good. I had to stable this one. I use kmeta to kill the yeast.

Dam Wes hope all is good man can't imagine that with my 18month old

Thanks man. I'm sure it's nothing major, but we just want to make sure since she keeps crying and holding her knee and won't walk. Still waiting to be seen. I hate the ER.

Latest posts

Back