In over my head with new cfc

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildwest450

Reaction score
Ok so I ran boiling water through my new chiller to clean it, does it need to be sanitized? If so can you do it the day before brewing? I only have my brew kettle and mlt with the correct fittings to hook up to it. And after you clean it, what happens to the water that stays in there and in the vinyl tubing, isn't that going to get nasty? I smell my first infection coming on.:( And btw it's a gravity system for now.

The water in the rubber tube does not matter. But to drain it, hold it out in front of you and "roll" it with one end staying higher then the other. This will work the water out of it for the most part.

As for what I do before I use it I run 5 gallons of boiling water thru it while I'm mashing. Then I use a sanitized rubber cap to cap off the open end. That way it's clean, sanitized and nothing can get in it. My CFC stays hooked to my kettle with a compression fitting and is not removed until the brew is done.

Latest posts

Back