use for sankey dip tubes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Fedwell

Reaction score
I am making my keggle this week and am wondering if there are any HB related uses for the dip tube and hardware pulled out of the sankey. All in pristine condition.

I'm planning on using mine to convert Cornies to multi-fit kegs. There's enough room to weld the Sanke collar onto a Corny lid with a slight modification to the latch. The spear length is almost perfect.

I use my keggle stem and the top of the keggle from when I cut the top off as an awesome SCA mace and buckler.

I used couplings welded in as bulkheads. If you use a nipple, you have one less fitting because the ball valve threads right on. However, If you want to use a compression fitting on the inside for your dip tube, I find that they are much more common to have a male thread on them so they thread in to a coupling easier.

In my case, I'll have ball valve, close nipple, welded coupling, compression fitting, dip tube.

If you go welded nipple: ball valve, welded nipple, coupling, compression fitting, dip tube (or you might use a union instead of compression fitting)

Latest posts

Back