New Home Brewer Stone Mountain GA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrk305

Beer Dude in the Sunset
Reaction score
I just started a couple of weeks ago, and tomorow night I will bottle my first batch of stout. I also have a scotch ale fermenting for a week and the ingredients for a lawnmower beer that I am going to make this weekend. I was looking for bottle cleaning techniques when I found the sight and I really appreciate the dishwasher ideas that some of you posted. I really have no idea what I am doing. My first beer should be ready for drinking on my 51st birthday in a couple of weeks.:cross:

Welcome aboard. I live in Lilburn, GA when I'm not up in Athens for college. This is a very good resource, I'm sure you'll find it helpful, especially in the beginning.

Avondale Estates, GA here, welcome and enjoy.

thedaler have you ever been to Home Brewing Supplies in Lilburn?

That is where I have been getting all my stuff is from Home Brew Supplies in Lilburn. They are really nice and helpfull for a new guy like me. I went there today and got the ingredients for my 4th batch, a rasberry wheat ale. I tasted my first batch today, although a week early, I had to. It was a stout made from pre-hopped malts and it was really good. I have a lot of friends and customers in Avondale Estates.:rockin:

thedaler said:
Welcome aboard. I live in Lilburn, GA when I'm not up in Athens for college. This is a very good resource, I'm sure you'll find it helpful, especially in the beginning.
I live in Lilburn too, but on the south end closer to Hwy 78. I am making a rasberry wheat ale today. I get all my stuff from Home Brew Supply on Indian Trail Road.

That is great to hear. I had heard rumors that it was out of business. This location is by far the closest to me. Although close enough for a week day trip, definitely good for a sat/sun trip.

Will stop in for sure. Thanks.

Welcome mrk305, I'm down here on the south side in Stockbridge. You can't go wrong hangin out here, this place is loaded with good info and people...

Hey and welcome to the forum. I grew up around the Stone Mtn. area back then it was the country. :mug:

To all living in DeKalb County...

Have any of you been able to get a copy of the county's water report, one that outlines the pH, minerals, alkalinity, etc...

I e-mailed the water people, but haven't heard back...I didn't expect a response but I thought I would try.

I took some of my water into work and checked the pH, it was really high, like 8.8. Compared to the water at work (Atlanta/Fulton County) around 7. I think my container might have had some soap in it, I might check again.

Latest posts

Back