swap my barb for a mfl fitting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

straycat

Reaction score
i just received a nice new taprite regulator with a Y splitter . i'd like to replace the barb connections with an mfl connection to fit my existing setup. is this a standard part/size? thanks in advance.

thanks for the info. looks like i can just change out the barb for the mfl -> 1/4" MFL to 1/4" MPT

Sorry to necro this thread, but were you able to swap just the tip of the shutoff from barbed to MFL? (I'm looking at potential switching one barbed primary with a barbed two-way splitter, plus an all-barbed 3-regulator secondary to MFL, so the cost difference b/w installing whole new MFL shut-off valves (~ $70) and just swapping the valve tips ($17), if that's possible, is huge!)

Nope, tried but they were glued in like crazy. Stuck with barbs per picture and use mfl fittings on the other ends.

Sorry to necro this thread, but were you able to swap just the tip of the shutoff from barbed to MFL? (I'm looking at potential switching one barbed primary with a barbed two-way splitter, plus an all-barbed 3-regulator secondary to MFL, so the cost difference b/w installing whole new MFL shut-off valves (~ $70) and just swapping the valve tips ($17), if that's possible, is huge!)

I've been able to swap them out on a couple of my regs. They were really in there, and I was tempted to heat the joint with a torch to help get them loose, but I'm glad I didn't because it would have melted the rubber duckbill check valves wedged inside.

Back