Question for Kegging Pros

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panzermann

Reaction score
I have a Dead Guy Ale Clone that refuses to carbonate for some reason (3wks in bottles). Now I for one know this is "early" for a brew but am smart enough to know I should see some carbonation. Its pretty much dead as hell.

Anyway, this has kinda made me wanna move to kegging quicker than I had planned. Bottling sucks...

What kind of cost can I expect from converting this freezer below?

GE 7.0 cu. ft. at Sam's for $186.56

ChestFreezer-GE-7.0.jpg

This would give me 3 brews on tap, but the conversion kit cost?

Here is a Standard Two Tower conversion kit for $189

Standard Double Faucet Tower Kegerator Conversion Kit for Two Kegs | BeverageFactory.com

I would obviously need 3....

Would it just be cheaper to say, buy a kegerator like this that hold a Half Barrel and possible squeeze 2 homebrew kegs in it? Of course convert it to a 2spigot system.

KC2000 EdgeStar Full Size Kegerator And Keg Beer Cooler

I am going to be thinking about this..would love some incite. I am not a build it yourself kind of guy nor do I have a major set of Tools, so I cannot get too crazy about building something but if it is cheaper to build a kegerator then I will find a way.

Thanks in advance...

If you want a three keg kit, check out kegconnection or midwestsupplies. Both have great kits at great prices. I got mine from Midwest.

As for your beer not carbonating, kegging it would be a nice solution, but there are some other things you can try first. Could you have forgotten the priming sugar? Are you storing the bottles at the right temperature (usually 70*F)? You might just need to pop open the bottles and add some dry yeast to each one.

Or you could just put it in a keg......:D

If you want a three keg kit, check out kegconnection or midwestsupplies. Both have great kits at great prices. I got mine from Midwest.

As for your beer not carbonating, kegging it would be a nice solution, but there are some other things you can try first. Could you have forgotten the priming sugar? Are you storing the bottles at the right temperature (usually 70*F)? You might just need to pop open the bottles and add some dry yeast to each one.

Or you could just put it in a keg......:D

Nothing forgotten..I always add priming sugar then syphon the beer on top of it.

I say Keg it! :rockin:

Back