Obtaining city water profile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msarro

Reaction score
So I'm going to begin working on assembling a recipe for an Imperial Stout. Everywhere I've looked suggests that I use alkaline water, or if that's impossible doctor the water to make it more alkaline. Who would I contact about getting a profile of the local city's water? I know they're supposed to keep an up to date analysis but I don't know who to contact.

I'd start here: Philly Water Department Web Page

There's probably a contact email of some sort, and if you let that person know that you need a water report they will typically forward it over to the lab guys who can email it to you. At least thats what happened for me. I emailed the head of the OKC water department, and a couple days later I had a full water report emailed over from their head lab dude. Now I'm on their list and get quarterly reports automatically.

They even have a page with archived reports here. I bet one of those will tell you how to get a new updated report.

Thanks guys! I'm actually moving from Philly to Bethlehem in a few weeks, but its still a good lead. I appreciate it!

Back