My CraigsList score!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emyrs

Reaction score
Every once in a while I pop on over to craigs list to see what i can find...
well.. yesterday a guy put up 10cornys for 20$ each.

!!!!

its hard to find such a good deal on cornys around here.. HBS wants 55+tax.. online stores are cheap, but shipping is way expensive... so I thought I'd go pick up three for future projects...
I was bragging a bit to a friend of mine who is dabbling in homebrew and made him quite jealous. Anywho I got to the guys house, nice bloke, and he had all 10 sitting out front.. we were talking for a bit.. He got the kegs originally to do home brew but his new business really took off and found he had no time to indulge in the hobby. win for me :D .. remembering my friend I asked him if all the kegs had been claimed yet. he said they hadnt, i was the first one there.. So i decided to grab two for my buddy.. not bad.. 100$ for 5 cornys.. Then he responds by throwing another one in for free! woot! 6kegs for 100$!

I brought them home and proceeded to wash the outsides (theyd been sitting outside for a while) and i discovered that all 6 kegs were still pressurized.. one is half full of rootbeer still!

They are all pinlock.. which is meh.. id go ball lock over pin.. and theres a bit of rust on one of the in/out posts.. might be able to buff it out.. and on one the rubber top/handles is cracked and damaged.. otherwise all look good! and cant beat $16.67 per keg.. anyway, heres what they look like:
kegs-01 Kegs-02

oh and while washing them THIS attacked me..

Big question... anyone ever use a metal polish on the outside of their kegs.. just to pretty them up a bit?

Congrats.... I Really hope you dont have an issue with the one that had rootbeer in it though... I've heard that some people have difficulties with lingering flavors in those...

If it still smells after cleaning it post here and someone may be able to give you some help on that

thanks baja..
im going to do a long soak with hot water and pbw on all of them.. plus a oring replacement.. but i gotta wait for my pinlock socket to come in the mail before i really break them down and get cleaning... ill let you know how it turns out.

if i have some time one day, id like to get one or two polished up on the outside like this... a bit vain maybe but sure does look pretty :D

Bobby_M did a nice posting on how he polished his keggles, with parts list etc. I used the parts to clean the outside of mine but I did not really bother with the high gloss buffing.
But it takes just a little time to get them nice and clean and looking good. Longer to get that shaving mirror look and I would rather be brewing and drinking than buffing.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/polishing-your-keg-more-than-clever-euphemism-54025/

Back