off to the races boys!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeRoux's Broux

Reaction score
off to Texas Motor Speedway this morning for the innaugural fall race :cross:
see you gent's back here Tuesday!!!!! :drunk:

i've seen the trucks run at night before (and again this past friday), but see'n the cup guy's run at night is pretty damn cool. don't know why, but it just is. damn good race, damn good time too. much better than the spring race. it's juts such a party to camp on site, and see the spectical that Nextel Cup is....(still have a hard time not saying Winston Cup).

Pretty big party, isn't it? I heard there were 190k there which is 25k more than Charlotte, and there were a lot of damn people at Charlotte! I watched a good bit of the race on tv...nice to finally see a car have to pit while not under caution (I think there were ~20 cautions at Charlotte).

But it sure is hard to watch it on tv when you know what it's like being there. The cameras just don't give you 1/10 the appreciation of the speed and maneuvering, and of course the sound...

i agree 100%. my first race was at talladega the week davey allison died. it was unreal.....

i never heard how many was at the race. it didn't seem to be as full as the spring race last year, but still a good crowd. a lot of green flag racing. Jr. need those few cautions the fix his set-up. good finish too, just wish mark martin could have pulled it out....
first time we ever used scanners too. way cool!

The spring race in Charlotte is a lot more popular than the fall, too. I went a few times back in the early 90's...Davey Allison won both races. But 600 miles is long race, so I like the fall 500 race now.

oh man, those aluminum benches do a number after 5 days! i need ass rehab!!!!!

i'd love to see a cocacola 600......
davey was the man. just wish i could have seen him run....

Latest posts

Back