Steel Tubing for Rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds a bit small to me IMO, but the 14 gauge is pretty strong. Personally i wouldnt go with anything less than 1 inch.

how big of a batch do you want to do, what is the equipment the stand will support? how log of a span are you going to make. if you are doing a typical arrangement i would think not. if its material you already have i would use if for a grain mil stand or some other project. if you just want to save weight you can also use "ell" rather that tube .

link

There is a man by the name of whipple, he designed bridges look him up.

1/2 inch is small but with the propper engineering it is way doable.

There is a man by the name of whipple, he designed bridges look him up.

1/2 inch is small but with the propper engineering it is way doable.

but by the time you have engineered it you would have enough 1/2" material in it , it would be cheaper just to buy 1 1/2"... 1/2" tube is tiny, i could tie that in a knot with my bare hands..... just to make the top stable you would have to engineer it like an old train bridge, but youd have 3 or 4 times the amount of material than 1", personally i think the ideal tube size is 1 1/2" x 14 gauge, if going 1" go with 11 gauge(.125" or 1/8"), 1" 14 gauge tube bows to much over that long of a span, 1/2" tube would bow just with the weight of 1 empty keggle....

Back