Some various pumpkins

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgeoftheUS

Reaction score
A pic of a few of my favorite pumpkins. And if you're in the NW looking for a day of fun, try Elysian's pumpkin beer festival. The last two years were great (60+ pumpkins on tap)...especially watching the twisted puckered faces of agony as folks sipped RR's sour pumpkin, only to turn around and discuss the complex character and depth. A day of fun can be made just watching the pretenders.

EDIT: Howe Sound Imperial, Elysian Night Owl, Dogfish Punkin Ale, Sam Adams Harvest, Elysian Dark o' the Moon, Southern Tier Pumpking.

Carboy in the back got bottled this evening. Sample yielded some tasty spice notes with a little burn (prob cinnamon). Few weeks conditioning and I should have an abundance of gourd goodness.

10.5 pale 2 row
1.5 lb special
1 lb crystal 60
1.25 lb brown sugar

1 can libbys baked 400F with 1 tbsp cinnamon, 1tbsp nutmeg, 2 tsbp vanilla 1.5 hour (carmelized like a creme brulee in the mash

1 can (diff from above) spiced pumpkin in mash

1 can spiced in boil

1 oz Hallertauer @ 60
1 oz Hallertauer @ 10
:mug:

Wasatch Beers' Pumpkin Ale was the first beer i actually liked.

Just a hint of spice to it, and pumpkin flavor without tasting vegetal.

That's a Utah brewery but they are hardly a micro anymore. They win awards in the mid-size brewery class these days.

If you can find it, i recommend trying it. This year's batch just hit the stores last week, and it's as good as i remember it years ago.

4.0% ABV so if you are in utah it should be in any decent grocery store.

Got half a growler in the fridge (brewery is 5 minutes from work) and some bottles in the fridge. I have about 4.5 gallons of my own pumpkin porter in a keg for a month but i am not tapping it until Halloween.

Wasatch Beers' Pumpkin Ale was the first beer i actually liked.

Just a hint of spice to it, and pumpkin flavor without tasting vegetal.

That's a Utah brewery but they are hardly a micro anymore. They win awards in the mid-size brewery class these days.

If you can find it, i recommend trying it. This year's batch just hit the stores last week, and it's as good as i remember it years ago.

4.0% ABV so if you are in utah it should be in any decent grocery store.

Got half a growler in the fridge (brewery is 5 minutes from work) and some bottles in the fridge. I have about 4.5 gallons of my own pumpkin porter in a keg for a month but i am not tapping it until Halloween.

I've had polygamy porter many times when i lived in the southwest so i'm familiar with Wasatch. Think I'll have a family member in the region check their bottle shop. Cheers! :mug:

Back