Possible East Coast Brewshop?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So. I'm timidly looking into opening a brew shop at an undisclosed location in the South East. It's in a heavily populated area with another brew shop, that everyone hates, 50 minutes away. My area is rife with craft brew bars, and interest in home brew is sky rocketing, so I figure my pocket change would go a long way towards owning a LHBS.

Instead of blindly poking around on Google, I've decided to ask for help! Does anyone know some good wholesale supplies for a LHBS around the East Coast? So far I've come up with Southern Brewing, whose website is down and LD Carlson whose wholesale inquiries are selective.

I'm just looking for a price list so I can work out my startup costs, along with maybe some advice from other HBS / Brewery owners about what steps I might have to take. So far I've looked at all the retail space, made a rudimentary business plan, and taken a gander at all the tax specific laws that would apply to a HBS.

Seriously, any advice or information would be a great help, I'm sure people in my area will be ecstatic to know a quality home brew shop is opening. I'm not doing it for profit, I think of it more as a... public service. I'm sure it will be hard work and a lot of fun, but right now I'm just compiling as much information as I can. Thanks for any help at all you can offer.

I know that LD Carlson will protect the territory of their existing customers, so you can't be too close.

This place is not an existing customer of LD Carlson, and it gets so many complaints, on here and everywhere imaginable, that I'd sure anyone would be happy to do business with someone new.

Nobody has any experience with this?

Latest posts

Back