Yes! My floor is sanitized!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willsellout

Reaction score
So I'm bottling today. I was transferring sanitizer into my bottling bucket...forgot to close the spigot:drunk: ..luckily I heard it hitting the floor, I think I lost maybe 2 gallons onto the kitchen floor. Man I'm sick of bottling...

Dan

I have done that so many times. Usually it happens because I am siphoning from a big bucket of sanitizer into a carboy and just let it go and forget about it. At least I know every little part of the carboy has touched the sanitizer, as well the floor, and the heater vent and pipes under the house.

troybinso said:
I have done that so many times. Usually it happens because I am siphoning from a big bucket of sanitizer into a carboy and just let it go and forget about it. At least I know every little part of the carboy has touched the sanitizer, as well the floor, and the heater vent and pipes under the house.
Exactly! I love the hobby..but I hate when I make mistakes like this:D

Dan

I'm ready to start kegging, things like this REALLY chap my ass. Luckily, my last bottling session yesterday went so smooth that I can wait a little longer for my kegging system.

Hey, no sweat. It was only sanitizer...

If it was the beer!!! :mad:

(I've done this too. Sanitizer that is...)

:D

Yeah I am getting a re enlistment bonus for the Coast Guard and I plan on buying a kegerator locally( there are a ton on Craigs list) and then a kegging system...hopefully used as well. Either way I will be kegging by this summer.

Dan

chillHayze said:
When sanitizer gets spilled onto the kitchen floor that is the only time I clean it lol.
Yeah I told my wife not to worry about mopping..It was already done:D

Dan

Yeah I had a really good bottling session the other day...I'm not sure why but everything just worked perfectly...I think it might be in part to my new bench capper...It's really awesome

I don't know I kinda like bottling for now at least

Back