Sierra Nevada Celebration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to dinner on Saturday with family and the restaurant had Celebration on tap. Had two pints with dinner and it was really good. I found a clone recipe for it and may just have to make it in the near future.

:off: When first sitting down and the waitress comes to take our drink order, I ask "what's on tap". She starts reciting what they have and says "Yazoo Blue Moon". Yazoo is a local micro so I ask her if it is from Yazoo or is it Blue Moon. She says it's Yazoo Blue Moon, you know the one served with an orange. I try explaining that Blue Moon is not the same as Yazoo, and she gives me the, "it's from Yazoo", you moron look. Then she mentions the Celebration. I figure she doesn't have a clue and take the Celebration. She comes around later and I ask for a second round, but I'll try the Yazoo Blue Moon (what the hell, I'll find out what it is when she puts it in front of me). She states, "Yazoo doesn't make Bluemoon, we only have one Yazoo and it's the Dos Peros." I wanted to jump up and strangle her. Nevermind, I'll take another Celebration. I hate ******* servers that don't know their product. I spent 8 years managing restaurants. That has got to be one of the few things that will set me off the deepend. Know what the hell is on tap. [/rant]

jdoiv said:
Went to dinner on Saturday with family and the restaurant had Celebration on tap. Had two pints with dinner and it was really good. I found a clone recipe for it and may just have to make it in the near future.

:off: When first sitting down and the waitress comes to take our drink order, I ask "what's on tap". She starts reciting what they have and says "Yazoo Blue Moon". Yazoo is a local micro so I ask her if it is from Yazoo or is it Blue Moon. She says it's Yazoo Blue Moon, you know the one served with an orange. I try explaining that Blue Moon is not the same as Yazoo, and she gives me the, "it's from Yazoo", you moron look. Then she mentions the Celebration. I figure she doesn't have a clue and take the Celebration. She comes around later and I ask for a second round, but I'll try the Yazoo Blue Moon (what the hell, I'll find out what it is when she puts it in front of me). She states, "Yazoo doesn't make Bluemoon, we only have one Yazoo and it's the Dos Peros." I wanted to jump up and strangle her. Nevermind, I'll take another Celebration. I hate ******* servers that don't know their product. I spent 8 years managing restaurants. That has got to be one of the few things that will set me off the deepend. Know what the hell is on tap. [/rant]

Stupid turds...where was it?

The Chili's in front of Vandy used to have Natty Light on tap. Sweartomofuggingawd....

PseudoChef said:
Stupid turds...where was it?

The Chili's in front of Vandy used to have Natty Light on tap. Sweartomofuggingawd....

Mafiosos (sp?) on 8th. Cool place, just a dimwit server.

jdoiv said:

Thats some funny ****, but you worked in food service for 8 years you know it is bad ju-ju to bump heads with the person that is going to be handling your food and drinks.
Back on subject, after years of good batches I had a bad experience with Celebration 2006. It was vile bitter, like quinine gone wrong.
It's available here at BevMo, maybe I will give it another try this year:mug:
AP

Well, i found some. Picked up a Sixer, on #2. This is ****ing delicious.

I picked up four six-packs at SuperTarget yesterday. The price wasn't in the database, so the checkout lady rang them up for $2.99 each. :ban:

nosnhojr said:
I picked up four six-packs at SuperTarget yesterday. The price wasn't in the database, so the checkout lady rang them up for $2.99 each. :ban:

You fuggin' SUCK! Now, spread that good damn karma and SHARE!:tank:

nosnhojr said:

WHICH SUPER TARGET???

Beerthoven said:
WHICH SUPER TARGET???

The one down in Apex. It really was just an act of kindness on the part of the cashier. After scanning the first six-pack, a "Price not found" window popped up, with a box to enter the correct price. She just shrugged and asked whether $2.99 sounded fair to me, to which I happily agreed. :)

Anyway, I'll try to pass the good karma and Christmas spirit on to others this season!

payday is Friday.. so a case of Celebration Ale is in the future.
As is another case of Wet Hop Harvest... I have been giving them to co-workers, hoping to change their evil Heneiken ways.

payday is Friday.. so a case of Celebration Ale is in the future.
As is another case of Wet Hop Harvest... I have been giving them to co-workers, hoping to change their evil Heneiken ways.

Thinking of liquidating what's left of my horrible stocks and picking up a case of each, drinking them all, and dying a happy man :)

I picked up 6 cases last year, I'm down to 2, gotta pick up about the same this year again

**BUMP**

2008 Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale is now available!

Do they brew the same recipe every year? I had this for the first time at Flying Saucer in Nashville a couple months back. Actually my wife ordered it and it was fantastic! Of course I was going to get one and they were out by the time I ordered it. I came home and brewed a clone which turned out freakin great. It's just hard to tell if it's spot on from the two drinks i've had.:(

My local Costco has it for $21.49 a case. Hmmmm Good.

CelebrationAle.jpg

I'm going to have to pick up a case for the trip to the In-Laws for Christmas. Christmas in the Smokies with SN Celebration. I'm gonna need alot of beer that week. :D

My local Costco has it for $21.49 a case. Hmmmm Good.

CelebrationAle.jpg

I'm going to have to pick up a case for the trip to the In-Laws for Christmas. Christmas in the Smokies with SN Celebration. I'm gonna need alot of beer that week. :D

Holy sh*t. I'll have to grab a case. Or two. And figure out where to hide 'em from SWMBO. :D

Man... I'll have to check my Costco. I don't think I've ever seen any SN there though. Just paid $31 for a case in the Chicago area.... a small price to pay though. Love this time a year. One of my favs.

two words.
Yummy.

I have been cash-poor this month.. but I found some spare change and picked up a sixer of this across the street. Well worth it.

SNPA annoys me. not sure why. The Wet Hop floored me. I love it so.
And the celebration ale is just the cat's pajamas.

I LOVE this beer. One of my all time favorites. I guess I will have to stop by the ol liquor store on the way home tonight. Woohoo!!:ban:

SD

SNPA annoys me. not sure why. The Wet Hop floored me. I love it so.
And the celebration ale is just the cat's pajamas.

I think it's the perles. The hop flavor of the perles sticks out in any brew (which makes it soo great for a blonde or a SMaSH) because it's a really strong flavor hop. I think it's just weird in that beer, being earthy it clashes with the citrus of the cascade. The celebration is a much more balanced beer than SNPA IMO.

got me a 12 pack today. think it will make it through the evening? god i hope so, i don't need that grief in the morning. :cross:

I picked up 2 more of the 12 packs of SNCA at Applejacks in Denver this weekend....$28 a case! Sure beats the $24 per 12 that CostCo is selling it for!

I also picked up some Harvest Ale....SWEET!

It would seem that the only Sierra Nevada brew I don't like is the SNPA! Fun!

Just got a call back from my local liquor store. I'd called yesterday to ask if they could get it. She said " Your case of celebration Ale came into today!" Woohoo, but freakin 8.99 a 6 pacK! Looks like I'm on the high end of all your prices. Might just pick up 2 sixers, Drink one, set one back.

:confused:

My local HEB has it for $14 for 12. EdWort's photo looks like Costco is selling 24 packs for $22 which is $6 cheaper.

Yep. Those are 24 bottle boxes at Costco. Hmmm Good. I have two cases of it. One for the week at the in-laws and the other to save for rainy days.

Latest posts

Back