Drinkable beer in 3 weeks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan11

Reaction score
I'm a bit on a time schedule and need to make a batch of Blonde Ale in 3 weeks. If I let it sit in a primary for 14-17 days can I force carb it in my keg and have it ready in three weeks?

Sure, it''s doable. A guy I know, as a general rule, keeps most beers in the fermenter only 10 days before going to the keg and force carbing. Personally, I prefer a little more time to let the beer clarify, but his beers are awfully good once you pour off the first couple pints of schmutz...

Of course. Good fermentation (enough healthy yeast + constant temperatures most likely near the bottom end for that strain) and you should be fine.

Dreadful misnomer around here that all beers need excessive amounts of time to be consumed. Fermentations should be done within 5-7 days, add in a couple days for metabolizing any byproducts of fermentation (but if you pitch enough healthy yeast and ferment cool, then there shouldn't be any in the first place) and then all you have to worry about is clarifying. This is where kegging (or crash cooling) has a huge benefit.

I will not discount that flavors meld over time. But if you have a solid recipe and optimal fermentation, there's no reason why you should be waiting so long to drink your beer if you are in need of drinking said beer.

Latest posts

Back