Ginger beer with a decent alcoholic content

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaykhjr

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have done two batches of ginger beer from a plant I made and they are delicious! but they are only about 2.2% and I'd like to make a new years batch that will have a little more power to it. Im not looking for anything crazy but 5-8% would be ideal. I thought about making a new plant while I have time but Id like a better recipe than the one I have. Any help would be nice! Also, i have been using ground ginger. will I get better results with fresh pressed? Thanks!!

In the last two years I've done a nuber of ginger beer. The last one was around 3% and I had to pasteurize it because i wanted it sweet. nice beer and the just sweet enough. I only use real ginger and I grind it and boil it in with a low gravity beer hopped light. enjoy and a book "home brewer's recipe guide" has a nice recipe.

Thank you but 3 is a little low for me. Im looking for a little higher. I will check out the book though!

Back