Looking for AG to Mini Mash conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinder12000

Reaction score
I've been doing everything by hand but if there is an easier way . . . . . is there any software that will easily convert an AG recipe to a Mini Mash recipe?

Beer Smith!! Has it?? hmmmmm - I asked once and no one came up with it and I could not find it. Thanks

I was looking at Beer Tools Pro but could not find it in there.

I'll look into Beer Smith.

Yea - not sure I trust it though LOL

I just did a conversion from AG to Mini Mash and it went from 12lb grain to 11lb grain and 1lb Extract!

hmmmm!

it is nice but . . . . .

It does well on another one but that one it's not a big help - interesting.

it's a start!

Well, technically I guess that is a mini mash, using extracts with grains. Just adjust the volumes of the Extract and base grains till you get to where you can handle the grains in your MLT.

I just did a conversion from AG to Mini Mash and it went from 12lb grain to 11lb grain and 1lb Extract!

I'm a BTP user, so take this with a grain of salt- but I suspect you have to tell Beersmith your typical grainbill for an accurate conversion.

but I suspect you have to tell Beersmith your typical grainbill for an accurate conversion.

hmmmmmm - I wonder where I do that! Thanks

NOT COMPLAINING - just commenting. Some other test recipes I've tried came out . . . OK

Just adjust the volumes of the Extract and base grains till you get to where you can handle the grains

YUP - not a problem - I was hoping it would do a better job without my spread sheet.

It's all good!

Back