What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cigar City Brewing Invasion Pale Ale.

image-3223931875.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
Sorry man. It's never fun burying people you love. Condolence. Cheers to your father

...after all, my first beer was a High Life stolen from the old man's beer fridge nearly 30 years ago.

...after all, my first beer was a High Life stolen from the old man's beer fridge nearly 30 years ago.

That's how many of us start.

Had a little Divine mini-verticle while watching One who flew over the cuckoos nest

8- scotch ale
10- english barleywine
12- old ale
13- quad

ForumRunner_20130523_210741.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
Had a little Divine mini-verticle while watching One who flew over the cuckoos nest

8- scotch ale
10- english barleywine
12- old ale
13- quad

Nice! How were they? I loved the 8 I opened up not long ago. The 12 wasn't really that great yet when I opened a bottle a few months ago. I haven't had the 10 or 13.

That's how many of us start.

8- scotch ale
10- english barleywine
12- old ale
13- quad

I got 8 and 12. Well 8 is in my belly but damn it was good. Got it from Wesley, very awesome present in a trade.

Nice! How were they? I loved the 8 I opened up not long ago. The 12 wasn't really that great yet when I opened a bottle a few months ago. I haven't had the 10 or 13.

After dumping one of possible three I had to do a vert. 8 was really good. Surprise chocolate notes. I like. 10 was an english barleywine. Also good and malty and surprisingly still bitter. 12 I enjoyed its gotten better since its release. 13 is a quad which is good and want to see this one with some age.

Might dump number 2 tomorrow. Sad times but at least the newest brew has no hint of chlorine.

No - nothing crazy, just the roasted malt is a bit more astringent than I'd like.

Use Weyermann Carafa Special next time. It's de-husked aka de-bittered. I'd guess you want to use III, the darkest, for schwarzbier, but that's just a guess.

Well the dog approves of DFH hell hound too wonder if its because the name has hound in it lol still tasty as hell on the last pour this is the first DFH brew to blow me away. I know a lot on this board do not like DFH but if you see this bottle I would grab it, it might make you like them just alil bit lol

image-1355038074.jpg

SFGiantsFan925 said:
Well, it's as close as I can come to Terrapin here on the west coast. A damn good beer none the less.

What did you shoot that with? That's some of the best resolution I've seen on my phone, it almost looks like I could reach in a grab it.

bottlebomber said:
What did you shoot that with? That's some of the best resolution I've seen on my phone, it almost looks like I could reach in a grab it.

It's my iPhone 5 all the way. No processing at all. I'm amazed at how nice the pics come out with this thing. It's a really good beer too!!

SFGiantsFan925 said:
It's my iPhone 5 all the way. No processing at all. I'm amazed at how nice the pics come out with this thing. It's a really good beer too!!

I've got to get one. I'm on the 4s and it takes decent pics, but that is definitely a notch or two above. Amazing what an 1/8" lens can pull in.

Having some more of my IIPA. Awesome stuff! I think I made a mistake by kegging this one though, at 8% ABV, it's way too drinkable.

Back