Final build up before my first brew.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outrunu

Reaction score
So today, I finally had time to work on my brewery. I've been sourcing parts for a month or so now, and it's time to get them together.
Step one, finish mashtun.
qnlQ2.jpg

13DIO.jpg

uD3J0.jpg

I test fitted, and leak tested and everything was great. Then filled it with water, and I got a complete drain with my manifold design.

Next, I moved to my keggles. To put a damper on any discussion, these were legally sourced through a local distributor.

I cut both freehand with my disc grinder.
IjeYB.jpg

Next, I drilled both for my ball valves, and my boil pot for a sight tube.
dVPym.jpg

WmYTp.jpg

yqoVd.jpg

All I really have left to do at this point is put some fittings on my wort chiller, and I'm considering a sparge arm for the mlt. Get everything cleaned up, and I should be ready to get my first batch in.

Thanks for looking, and as always, comments and ideas for improvement are welcome.

Nice, looks like you soldered all your fittings though- what are the plans for cleaning it?
Not all of the fittings are soldered. I can pull the manifold straight out and should have no cleaning issues. If I do, I can always redo it without the solder on any of the joints.

Back