Northern Brewer kit instructions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FenoMeno

Reaction score
Noob AG brewer. I just bought an Ale kit from NB. The kit included the Mash schedule, but nothing about fermentation temps, whether to secondary or hydrometer readings etc. Is there a resource for this info?

not recipe specific.

I am surprised there was no Original Gravity listed. As for fermentation temperature each yeast has its own preferred working temp which you can find on the yeast mfg. website. I rarely secondary a beer so unless there is a specific reason to do so I wouldn't bother.

What kit was it and what yeast was included. That might help us fill you in more. If you post the ingredients (at least the grains) I can run it through BeerSmith and give you a close estimate of original gravity.

Go to NB site and find the kit. If you scroll toward the bottom of the kit's page there are links under additional information with all the details of the kit.

Thanks for that info. Went back to NB website and found that info listed. Wonder why it wasn't included with the Kit list/bill that was sent. Anyway, got what I needed.

Back