Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404461730.934419.jpg
This is my brewery name/label lol
Class

Masked Bandit Brewing Company. I grew up idolizing my grandpa, who died when I was 10. He was an avid raccoon hunter, and most of his life centered around it. My whole life raccoons have been my favorite animal.

My brothers and I have gone in together on a nanobrewery. Not exactly an exciting name but we went with Seven Brethren. Basically highlighting the importance to us of family, community, and to the brethren (i.e. monks) that played such a huge role in perfecting this craft for centuries.

My name begins with A, and my brewing partner's name starts with T, so we went with TNA Brewing Co. We might change it down the road but it works for now

Lazy Bastard Brewing Co.

Seems that while I'm brewing I sit around smoking cigars and drinking home brew a lot waiting for the next step.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I would like to name mine after our dogs. I have some ideas; Basset Hound Brewing, Lazy Hound Brewing, or Two Bassets Brewing. Anyone have a favourite? I'm stumped.

I would like to name mine after our dogs. I have some ideas; Basset Hound Brewing, Lazy Hound Brewing, or Two Bassets Brewing. Anyone have a favourite? I'm stumped.

Im not trying to poop on your parade, but it seems like nearly half of the brewers who have dogs name their brewery or beers after the dog (s). It is kind of a tired theme. As a dog person myself I LOVE my critter but wouldnt name beers or a brewery after her. If you are stuck on keeping the dogs in it, maybe Bassett House Brewing? Sounds to me like it could be either dogs or surname.

Just my $0.02. :mug:

Mad Cow Brewing (a play on my surname) Cattle... Best I could come up with lol

I came up with mine after my FIRST brewday I left the chilled wort un-attended and my dog knocked it off the burner all over the floor and herself... hence "Filthy Perro Brewing"

I came up with mine after my FIRST brewday I left the chilled wort un-attended and my dog knocked it off the burner all over the floor and herself... hence "Filthy Perro Brewing"

Now THAT is a good dog based brewery name! And a good, albeit sad, story to go along with it.

I've gone with The Pickled Herring, playing off my surname (Herring). Upon Googling, I found a pub in The States named the same, but I figured the whole fish + alcohol naming thing would be fairly popular. I'm never going commercial, but the name is a bit hit with my family and friends.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Ok, after reading through this i guess i have to change my name. But also dis some research and noticed that there is already a brewery with the same name as the one i wanted to use. Although that is in the states and i am in South Africa. Can any one tell me how strong the copyright laws are should i use the same base for a name and just instead of brew co. Use brew works/ brew worx?

Ok, after reading through this i guess i have to change my name. But also dis some research and noticed that there is already a brewery with the same name as the one i wanted to use. Although that is in the states and i am in South Africa. Can any one tell me how strong the copyright laws are should i use the same base for a name and just instead of brew co. Use brew works/ brew worx?

Are you going pro? If not forget about it. Use the name you've got. Particularly in a different continent. If you DO go pro, copyright laws are pretty tough, but if nobody disputes it, I don't believe you really have an issue. Brew works probably should be sufficient... but I am no law expert, nor do I claim to have a firm grasp on the legal system.

I lived on Pine Hill Drive. Girlfriend convinced me that "Pine Hill Brewing Company" would be a cool name. Had a buddy put together a logo and I can't help but say it has grown on me.

PINEHILL.jpg

Two Hound Brewery.

I know it's cliche, but my wife and I adopted two retired racer greyhounds, and now we're total converts (even so far as getting matching tattoos of their id tag tattoos). Plus I think it rolls off the tongue nicely.

Black Bear Brewing....because where I used to live and brew, there was a big black bear that would come climb up on my deck and try to get into my trash. He would hang out in the yard and sun himself too. Then as the summer gets hotter he moves on up the mountain.

Plain White Label Brewing Co.

I had planned on naming it Workbench Brewing Co. since everything was based in & around a purpose built workbench. But I was having problems coming up with label designs and said "f**k it, I'll just use a plain white label and write on it".

Considering two at this point and would like some 'does it appeal to you' perspective:

Algorithm Brewing - dual meanings here. Part of my name 'Al,' incorporated in the name, and well, algorithm is just a fancy word for a step-by-step process to achieve a desired result (beer!)

Valhalla Brewing (or some derivative of it) - I love viking culture and norse mythology. Many possible takes to employ creativity in the naming of beer through viking lore.

Bill...or George...anything but Sue!

My wife and I just visited Nashville over Memorial Day. There's a brewery down there called Yazoo Brewing that named their smoked porter Sue. It's affectionately called A Beer Named Sue.

That is a great beer!!

It was easily my favorite from our trip. Sadly I didn't bring home nearly as much as I should have. I guess that just means I need to schedule another trip to go back down there. Shouldn't be too hard since the Mrs. absolutely loved Nashville.

I don't have a brewery as I home brew only but I wanted to name my brews anyway so I went with

Diamond Hunter Brewing

Named after my dogs.

I don't have a brewery as I home brew only but I wanted to name my brews anyway so I went with

Diamond Hunter Brewing

Named after my dogs.

Thats the whole point here. Most folks dont have a professional brewery. But they make beer on a home brewery and the beers they drinknand share come from a brewery. THEIR brewery. :mug:

Eagle Brewery
Grandpa and my Father both like Eagles, my school was the Eagles and I am an Eagle Scout.

I went with 2327 Brewing Company.

My middle child was born on the 2nd of the month.
My youngest the 23rd
My oldest and I the 27th
and my wife the 7th..

so 2, 23, 27, 7 -- removed the doubles on each end and just went 2327.

My dad is a carpenter, my brother is a carpenter and the carpenter gene skipped me for some reason. (although I do try)

so, "Bent Nail Brewery" for that is mostly what I do. :D

nice simple logo
logo.png

I decided on Muad Dib's Beers, Wines, and Meads.
I am a huge dune fan, I got that from my dad. And my name is Paul so I just couldn't resist the opportunity, and it (almost) rhymes. I drew all my labels myself as well.

General Logo
dune-worm-vectored.jpg

Bottle Label 1
sandworm-label-colored.jpg

Bottle Label 2
thumper-label-colored.jpg

Plain White Label Brewing Co.

I had planned on naming it Workbench Brewing Co. since everything was based in & around a purpose built workbench. But I was having problems coming up with label designs and said "f**k it, I'll just use a plain white label and write on it".

Shiny Silver Cap with Pen Markings Gmbh Inc.

lol, seriously though, I can't be bothered to label more than some writing on the caps with the bottled date. Works great for reusing bottles!

Latest posts

Back